Re: [OPEN] Unable to cook certain dishes on Chef Station

by KatzMeowz

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Gonna give this a "me too." I had one of my Sims try to make rack of lamb on her chef station. She got the ingredients out of the fridge, and the simoleons were subtracted from the household funds. As she walked up to the chef station, though, she did that little animation Sims do when there's a path blockage and put the ingredients on a counter.

Message 30 of 56 (1,369 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Cannot cook Rack of Lamb

★ Novice

I have the same problem as everyone else when the chef station is in the house.  It could be that the chef station wasn't meant for the house and only the restaurant, but how else can you cook experimental food at home?  The oven needs to be fixed in the station for home use too. 

Mari

Message 31 of 56 (1,215 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Cannot cook Rack of Lamb

★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to let someone know that I'm having some issues with this oven as well.  My sim was cooking a rack of lamb, when it became stuck in the oven.  I ended up having to sell, and buy a new oven just to have my sim start cooking again.  I don't have any mods, so I know it's not mod related.

Message 32 of 56 (1,184 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried to make the vegetable casserole in the "L"-shaped chef station several times.  The sim can make the casserole, put it in the over but the cooking action eventually times out and trying to "resume casserole" makes the sim complain that their path is blocked.  However, the sim make it to the oven to "clean out" the remains. 

I thought the issue was from my house build since it's based off my real house that has a pathetically small kitchen, but I moved the station out to the middle of the yard and tried it from there.  The sim still can't complete cooking a casserole.  Plus, the sim is able to reach the oven to put in the casserole, and reach the oven and follow through on the "clean out" action.  So, it's not really a blocked path or anything.

Message 33 of 56 (1,128 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just wanted to say that I have this problem too, just like the people here before me :< And I've tried to do everything. Game was repaired, I've tried to see if it'll be in another save- and it is.

I've also tried everything without CC and problem still exist :C But only with Chief Station, not with the normal one.

Message 34 of 56 (1,058 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could someone open a new thread for this as this doesn't have the template.

Thanks. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 56 (1,044 Views)

Message 37 of 56 (1,017 Views)

Hero

Thank you

I've merged the old into the new.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 56 (1,009 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I've clicked accidentally on one post as a "Accept as solution", I've quickly changed it to not a solution, but I hope I didn't messed it up D:

Message 39 of 56 (1,002 Views)

Hero

All good. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 56 (994 Views)