[ARCHIVED] ServiceNPC won't leave

by idahpews

Original Post

Re: Maid won't leave

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

There is no ask to leave he just stares at the mailbox and then comes over to knock at the door, and knock, and knock, and.... you get the picture. Anyway I even had my Sim be mean and tell him to go away. Nope, he stood there then begin to knock again! Btw I have no CC the game is updated as well.

Message 31 of 158 (5,621 Views)

Re: Maid won't leave

Hero

@mindillard Do you still have this issue after the Dec patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 158 (5,592 Views)

Repair sim (service NPC) won't leave lot

★★★ Newbie

Issue

I invited a repair service sim to my Sims lot. She won't leave, no matter what I try. My sims can interact with her, and she can walk around, but she won't leave the lot.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

- First, of course, I had my Sims fire the NPC, and ask the NPC to leave. They complete the interaction, but nothing happens afterward.
- I then reset the NPC, which made her less smelly but not less inclined to leave.

- I restarted my game.

- Finally, I packed up my Sim family, made them move away, moved them back to their original lot, only to have the NPC patiently waiting for them in one of the empty rooms whilst eerily staring at the wall.

Picture

Not that the screenshot will add that much, but you can see how eerily she stares. Her lack of soul is haunting.

Where does the bug occur ?

Only in one specific game, but its the only one I play, so I don't really want to move other people into the lot.

Mods/CC

Nope. Completely clean install.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

I've installed: 

- Original game

- Get to Work

- Get together

- Outdoor retreat

- That tiny holiday pack that was available around Christmas

Occurring since

I started noticing the unwanted resident yesterday. I'm not too sure when I've last updated anything, but it was recent (perhaps the day before yesterday?).

Operating system

MacBook Air running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, playing through Origin.

Any help you could offer would be appreciated, thanks!

Message 33 of 158 (5,596 Views)

Re: Repair sim (service NPC) won't leave lot

Hero

Could you upload your save somewhere

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 158 (5,592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Crin,

What a quick response, thank you!

I wasn't sure what files you needed exactly, so I simply saved the save slot files and tray items with today's timestamp on them in a zip file. Of course, trying to upload that here is the equivalent of trying to bring a bottle of water on a plane, so here's a link to the zip in my dropbox. The link will expire in 30 days, but I'm sure the NPC will have died by then if there's no solution. Wink

If I've missed something, let me know.

Thanks again,

Esther

Message 35 of 158 (5,587 Views)

Hero

I'll check it out tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 36 of 158 (5,582 Views)

Hero

@Delicatesther Merged your thread with the Maid one for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 158 (5,574 Views)

Hero

Hm.

I can't duplicate. 

The repair sim was in your house. I asked her to leave, and she did. She took a very long way to do so but she's now gone.

Wonder if it's some issue with calculating the way to leave.

Did you try adding her to your family with the cheat and then nuke ?

@Delicatesther

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 158 (5,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ha! Yes! This time she did leave when I asked. I must have figured that because she was still there after all my antics, that option would still not work. Thank you so much for the help!

Message 39 of 158 (5,552 Views)

Repairman won't leave

★★ Novice

Normally, my sims fix all their broken stuff themselves. But one day, there were so many broken things, that I made them call a repairman. Now he won't leave. I've added the repairman to my family and made him die to get rid of him, but they just sent a new one. He walks through the house all day, eats the food. The worst thing is: I can't use the superspeed (while sleeping or working) while he is there! 
How do I get him to leave? (PS. My sims have asked him to leave in a friendly way and in a rude way)

Message 40 of 158 (5,539 Views)