Re: [OPEN] [PH] Wash dishes spamming

by KBear33

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

to clone a sim you must have "get to work" and a high level scientist make and upgrade a cloning machine. you then take the cloning machine and sell it in a retail store so all your sims have access to them. All it really dose is allowed a new sim to be added to the family with all the earned traits of the one you cloned from. it is also bugged though you will only have 1 main trait which you have to discover by talking to it or if it's a bad one it'll have 2. but it dose avoid the dish washing bug however it will earn parenthood points for the 5 parenthood traits over time. they don't cut off young adults from the trait earning because what the adults do is supposed to effect the entire family. Like if you have a responsible adult in the house they spam wash dishes because it raises the manners of it's household. The get into a fight it lowers the conflict resolution of all house members.what they need is a better way to be a role model for your household without the sim needing to satisfy it's own progress in those traits when it shouldn't have any. Not really much else I can say about it. but eventualy all your played sims will fall into the 5 parenthood traits and start acting up if they don't do something.

Message 40 of 74 (1,359 Views)

★★ Novice

I also am having this issue, but I disagree that it is caused by the new traits from Parenthood DLC.

The Sims in multiple save files also constantly stop what they are doing to wash dishes in random sinks (sometimes the nearest; sometimes the distance is irrelevant) when there are no dishes to be washed in the inventory or on the lot. This occurs mostly at venues where there is a Social Event or in one of the Get To Work expansion careers, but also happens at home lots and all venues. I have gone as far as clearing the inventory completely, but it still triggers. It starts by popping up to be a queued action, cancelling out the queued actions sometimes, and the Sim traveling to the sink to either stand at the sink 'twitching' with the action trying to queue or the Sim realizing that they don't need to wash dishes and they do indeed have to go fulfill a need and forget about the transgression entirely (but abruptly returning later). The Sims all have different traits and most of my Sims haven't aged up from Teen to YA to get any traits from the new pack.

Message 41 of 74 (1,647 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

actualy I have to disagree with your disagree :P because  it never happened before they gave us the parenthood pre patch which effects all games not just the ones with parenthood. I wouldn't know how it effects ones without parenthood cause my collection is complete to date. All I can say is before the parenthood pre patch this didn't happen. and I've played over 14000 hours since game release. usualy I try to find away around their bugs instead of waiting because they don't spend enough effort on fixing. and even the most basic game comes with pieces and parts of all the packs only thing that changes is the amount of content and how it plays after you buy it. they all come with pre patches which is like a starter kick for the pack. That is interesting though that it affects basic games as well. makes me sad for the console players coming in cause it means they're going to bee in exactly the same boat in no time. It takes a certain amount of playing before this dish washing bug actualy appears. you most active sims and the ones that hang out around them are the ones that get effected. so unless you want all your sims doing it you'll probably wana limit  the households you play the most.

Message 42 of 74 (1,633 Views)

★ Novice

Same here.  I didn't have this problem until yesterday.  It doesn't have anything to do with Manners, as far as I can tell since I've never had any Sims get the Good Manners trait.  My particular issue is with a YA trying to wash non-existing dishes in bathroom sinks.  Also, I'm having the play with dollhouse spam autonomy that another user mentioned as well.

Message 43 of 74 (1,605 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah, I don't think it's about having the good manners trait, either (it's easy first blame that because the kid earns a boost on manners when washing the dishes). I entered another household where the kid grew up to have only the responsible trait and he has the washing dishes glitch. It's annoying, to say the least. I can handle the bouncing around occasionally sink to sink, but it interrupts their actions, especially sleep. This messes up the plans for the next day in addition to the household. (oh *, now I'm thinking this is by design, as that's too real. XD --- no, I know it's a glitch, but still...dun,dun,dun! ;D )

Message 44 of 74 (1,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did anyone end up finding a solution because its happening to me too and my sims about to be a single father and i can't have him being distracting by sinks. you know what i mean?

Message 45 of 74 (1,462 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same thing happens to my sim! Only its that she is very obsessed with the sink and will move/act like time is going by really fast while standing in front of the sink, thinking about the dishes, and it continuously flickers above her head. If I cancel it, it'll come up in the queue repeatedly (guessing how many other times Ive canceled it out) and then she'll leave the sink alone to go do other stuff after. Sometimes she'll even cancel the action before she even gets to the sink......but it still happens.

Message 46 of 74 (1,415 Views)

★★★★ Guide

~nods~ manual redirection is pretty much my solution (w/o getting into cheats, cloning sim, blab blah blah). I hope the gurus find a better solution for this glitch soon. ~stares in their direction~ C'mon, gurus, chop-chop. :D

Message 47 of 74 (1,392 Views)

★★ Novice

This is a 'Me too'. MY teen has all of her Parenthood traits reasonably high. This never happened while she was at home in Oasis Springs with her father and late grandmother and only started when she 'ran away' to Forgotten Hollow after her grandmother died. That is to say, I played many many hours over several sessions with this teen sim in Oasis Springs and it wasn't happening then. Moved her alone to Forgotten Hollow and suddenly she gets a queue of several 'wash dishes' when there are none and just stands there moving slightly either doing nothing as the queue just drops, or she cycles though what look like dishwashing thought bubbles over and over.

This happens if she does not have an assigned action for several seconds (faster than clicking something to select a task for her to do!). If she chooses some other autonomous actions like journal, homework, read, play violin, etc., she will start that task and immediately queue the dishwashing thing and stop doing the original task.

Message 48 of 74 (1,325 Views)

Re: Sim keeps trying to do dishes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have this issue as well.It makes having teens and kids impossible.Its really annoying, Please EA fix this.

Let me add: that my manners aren't maxed out, in fact he doesn't have much at all.He also has the slob trait.

Message 49 of 74 (1,294 Views)