[OPEN] Jingles play at inappropriate times

by 73bb3ee9e874670a

Original Post

Re: Forgotten. Maybe you can help?

Hero

Hm, that's indeed a lot.

Have you tried if it also happens on a new save for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 67 (644 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've uninstalled, and reinstalled, multiple new saves. I even spoke to EA on the phone and in all their infinite wisdom after "helping" me and not coming up with anything, they said it was something in my audio files on my computer that was the problem.

Message 42 of 67 (631 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @thatonegirl32

it IS an open bug with no workaround but I haven't seen anyone saying it happens that often to them

I don't think there's much you can do atm other than wait until Maxis fixes this issue to see if you still have it then (in which case it might be different to the rest).

Since you say it happens on multiple save games, it wouldn't help if I tried your save if I can duplicate.

Did you ever delete your cache files as well ? Those are not automatically deleted when you reinstall.

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 67 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The same thing for me. I'm trying to start a new game for 2 weeks already, and every time I encounter this annoying sound. However, my old save(created in May) is fine. I tried everything: deleted cache files, completely deleted the game and installed it again, created dozens of save with different sims, nothing helps. DisappointedI have all expansion, game and stuff packs, all recent updates. Hope someone will hear us, and this will be fixed in the near future!

Message 44 of 67 (603 Views)

★ Guide

I have a brand new computer, so I have a new install of the Sims 4 with no cc or mods. I have one family that I just started playing and the random achievement jingle started right away. I thought maybe I had forgotten something in my games settings.

Message 45 of 67 (545 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Jingles play at inappropriate times

★★★ Guide

Giving this a me too. I've definitely been having the same issue as well, though I can't really pinpoint when exactly it started happening.

Message 46 of 67 (537 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Jingles play at inappropriate times

★★★ Novice

I've had this too! Thank God for this thread. It's so annoying! It's happening every five - ten minutes and it's really putting me off. Hopefully EA find a solution soon.

Message 47 of 67 (515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me too -- I just thought it was my computer lagging (when it doesn't usually so don't know why I thought that). I get really confused and check all my sims to see if anyone's levelled up, done a whim or the like but nothing has happened. Very strange! 

Message 48 of 67 (508 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm getting this as well. Very bizarre.

Message 49 of 67 (488 Views)

★★★ Novice

Patch 1.33.38 and this inmortal bug still remains.

Message 50 of 67 (463 Views)