[OPEN] Jingles play at inappropriate times

by 73bb3ee9e874670a

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Jingles play at inappropriate times

★ Guide

In my game also out of nowhere the skill increase jingle is appearing without the Sim practicing the skill.

Message 31 of 67 (691 Views)

★★★ Novice
This is happening with me too, with very few mods in my game. It's getting annoying, but the only sound that keeps playing is the promotion jingle. I'll probably mute the sound for the time being.
Message 32 of 67 (667 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I used to have this bug very often, but the installation of the Fitness Stuff Pack seems to have fixed it. No false jingles in 24 hours. Can any other player confirm this?

Message 33 of 67 (642 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@alanmichael1 wrote:

I used to have this bug very often, but the installation of the Fitness Stuff Pack seems to have fixed it. No false jingles in 24 hours. Can any other player confirm this?

I have all packs including the Fitness pack.  My last two new saves both have this issue though no Sim in those households has a job.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 34 of 67 (630 Views)

★★ Novice

I am definitely getting this jingle. I think I've gotten the promotion jingle mostly, and I think also the skill up jingle. To give reference, yes, I do use mods(tons) but I've seen people without any mods get the jingle too. I own all Game Packs, Expansion Packs, and only the Vintage Glamor stuff pack. So I think we can rule out the stuff packs haha Seriously though its starting to drive me nuts. I keep looking for notifications where there aren't any...

Message 35 of 67 (612 Views)

★★ Novice

I too am getting the Job Promotion Jingle. At first, I kept thinking it was mail that was delivered but nope! It's happening randomly and is really annoying. I reallllly hope they fix this ASAP! It seems it's happening to a lot of people and I just started a new save so I know that isn't it. I too use CC/Mods but have tried taking them out and it still makes the sound randomly. So distracting! 

Message 36 of 67 (574 Views)

★ Guide

I hadn't been experiencing this glitch for a while... until I started a new save, where it's been occurring again. Weird.

Message 37 of 67 (548 Views)

Forgotten. Maybe you can help?

★★★ Novice

Pretty sure I've been forgotten on hold, so while I continue to be on hold, haha, maybe someone can let me know if they've figured out the promotion/skill level jingle problem. They've skipped that issue in the last 2 patches, and I would really like to play the game. So please, for the love of all things, tell me someone has figured it out.

I am without CC/Mods. I'm running a completely vanilla game.

Message 38 of 67 (537 Views)

Re: Forgotten. Maybe you can help?

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @thatonegirl32

it's an open bug and all we can do is wait until it gets fixed.

Don't know of any workaround.

Why does it keep you from playing ? It's just a random sound that can happen occasionally

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 67 (529 Views)

Re: Forgotten. Maybe you can help?

★★★ Novice

Mines not random. It plays all of the jingles at a steady rate. At least every 30 sim min.

Message 40 of 67 (521 Views)