Original Post

Re: Detective carreer - problem with arresting suspects

Hero

@Annl71

merged your report with existing bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 166 (2,827 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I got this issue yesterday for the first time. The thing I tried for this. Save the game just before APB, then move to the place. There's no matched suspect in the place, then go back to main screen without saving, come back to the game just before APB, I did this 5-6 times, then I found there one teen sim is spawned every places my detective sim goes but the teen sim was totally in different clothes.  

The clue I got was a female teen in jacket and jeans, and has red hair and 'mean' trait. But the correct suspect was a male teen in tank top and shorts, and yellow hair. The matched clue was only 'teen'. It's annoying. 

Message 62 of 166 (2,760 Views)

★ Pro

This is still a problem.  My level 3 detective issued an APB with 4 clues: elder; female; gray hair and wearing a skirt.  There weren't any elders present on the library lot she was sent to whatsoever.  After a couple of incorrect guesses, she was able to arrest an adult; female; black hair who was wearing a skirt.

As well, when the detective and suspect arrived back at the police station after the arrest, the suspect was wearing the orange jumpsuit for prisoners rather than the fashion she had been wearing when arrested.  I don't recall that being the case in the past.  Pretty good tip-off that the suspect will be guilty, lol.

Message 63 of 166 (2,667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi ! 

So I've been playing get to work for the past 3 days, since I just bought it and decided to go with the detective career because why not ? Everyone loves a hot cop xD ( Sorry 'bout that )

Anyways, so my sim is a Corporal now and I've been doing my first case alone where I need to go all the way with the interogation and stuff. My clues are : Female, Adult, Blonde hair, Mean trait, Jeans, long-sleeves shirt. Should be easy to find right ? Weeeeeell it's not. I've been doing APB like... 10 times and no one ever fits the description. I've been trying to arrest all the girls with blonde hair I've seen and my performance is terrible. Should i just quit the job and start again since I'm not that far ? 
Are they going to fix this ? I've seen it goes all the way since 2015. :/ It kinda sucks 

Anyways, good day to you guys. 

Shirayanne.

Message 64 of 166 (2,647 Views)

★★★ Newbie

are you still able to ask about suspect and get a notification from that because whenever i do nothing happens

Message 65 of 166 (2,591 Views)

Hero

Unsure if that part still works

What do you mean by you're getting nothing ? Do they not answer or not point you in the right direction ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 166 (2,590 Views)

Detective Career - Cannot find suspect STUCK!

★★★ Newbie

I keep running into issues with the detective career where I put out an APB but then there is no suspect that matches all the criteria. It seems like, if the suspect is not there right away, it doesn't matter how long I wait or how many different days I put out the APB, the suspect never shows up. I end up having to quit the career and start over but eventually I run into the same roadblock. The first case he as is always fine, but the next one, no suspect. One time I put out the APB six days in a row and scanned the entire area and there was no one matching. I even tried arresting someone who matched some of the criteria and got a performance loss. :-( 

I'm wondering if the issue is the sim ages up or is culled out? 

Please help! I want to play the detective career but I just can't. 

I am not running any mods or custom content. 

Message 67 of 166 (2,569 Views)

Re: Detective Career - Cannot find suspect STUCK!

Hero

@Smooshbaby

merged with existing bug report

Try arresting just any Sim

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 166 (2,556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried that 3 times and lost job performance each time because it was not the right person 

Message 69 of 166 (2,545 Views)

Hero

I'm afraid I don't have a better suggestion. Maybe avoid the career until this is fixed

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 166 (2,539 Views)