[FEEDBACK] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

by Sims4780

Original Post

Re: City Living School bug?

★★★★ Novice
I tried a new save with no mods as well as tried to repair the game. I have one sim child on the lot that just aged up from toddler and I am seeing this issue.

Message 81 of 216 (1,645 Views)

Same, I have two children, and two infants, I have never...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Same, I have two children, and two infants, I have never had this issue till this new patch.
Now they freeze when it's time for Work/School while the time just goes moving forever paused or not and I can no longer play.

If the regret of updating this game killed, I would've been dead already.
Message 82 of 216 (1,624 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

★★ Novice

Me too!!

Message 83 of 216 (1,578 Views)

Game Keeps Freezing

★★★ Newbie

My Sims4 keeps freezing, especially when its time for my sims to go to work or school. I have almost every pack that has been available for buy or free for Sims 4. And with the new parent pack it's a bit frustrating because I can't fully enjoy it without my game freezing. I have done the repair option and have also updated the game. Can someone please give me some suggestions.

In addition, I play on my laptop, the only platform I have played it on since I bought it two years ago. And here is my pc credentials:

Windows 10

64-bit operating system

RAM 8GB

Version: 1607

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU 1.70GHz 2.40GHz

Message 84 of 216 (1,581 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I know what you mean! That and the lag that happens between you telling someone to do something and it either gets dropped out of the queue after a minute or two OR it stays there and they don't do anything but just stare at the friggin object or sim that they are supposed to do something with/ talk to. I really hope that gets taken care of. 

Another is that dang singing bug.......actually there's two in this category......its the one where the karaoke singing stops short, but the sims still acts it out while the karaoke song is still going on. The other is the music overlay after the sim has stopped practicing their singing for the day. 

All of these are frustrating! 

Message 85 of 216 (1,555 Views)

Re: Game Keeps Freezing

@PRETTYSM2016 merged your post with an existing bug post on this issue.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 86 of 216 (1,532 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Okay, what I can't understand about this issue is the fact that back in Feb/March, the Gurus posted that they were working on fixing this lag issue, but then a family based game pack is released and the bug is still there?
Shouldn't this have been a priority, given the fact that a lot of simmers will now have multiple children in their saves to play around with the packs new features, but they will have issues actually playing the game and getting the sims to school? Therefore, a lot of simmers will abandon the save or even the entire game, making the Parenthood game pack rendered useless and redundant... no?
I haven't quite given up yet but it is extremely frustrating to play, especially with large families, and that's a real shame.
Modders in the community will fix a lot of issues weeks or months before official patches and I only wish that the Simulation Lag mod on MTS could still be updated (but the Python files were apparently removed, stopping this from happening...), or even better, that the Sims team actually fix this issue themselves.
I know some gameplay/technical issues can take time to work out, but surely if modders in the community can do an excellent job in a very short amount of time, then actual EA game developers who made the game should know better.
Message 87 of 216 (1,480 Views)

School Bug

★★★ Newbie
My Sims 4 children (or teens), will be stuck in place, moving, when it's time for school. When it's almost time, I have to exit all tasks and hope that the child or teen sim will go to school. Basically, my sims won't go to school for a while. If they aren't going to school, I can't switch to another sim for a while until the sim that's stuck, moves. They will go to school, but it takes a while for them to go. I hope you can help me. Sincerly, BoomubblesBlow
Message 88 of 216 (1,476 Views)

My Kid Sims keep Freezing and not moving

★ Apprentice
When I get some of the kid sims to do something they some times freeze. So I don't know if you could fix that but that is just what I found.
Message 89 of 216 (1,446 Views)

Re: My Kid Sims keep Freezing and not moving

Hero

Hi @StickmanArmy2019

would be good to have more details on this

• What interactions does it freeze on ?
  • Are you using any custom content or mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 90 of 216 (1,439 Views)