[FEEDBACK] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

by Sims4780

Original Post

Re: Game freezing every morning when kids go off to school

@megbaby0506 merged with a bug post about this issue.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 71 of 216 (2,404 Views)

Re: whenever my sims have to go to school they freeze and do nothing

★★ Apprentice

Yes, it's exactly that.

Message 72 of 216 (2,362 Views)

Re: whenever my sims have to go to school they freeze and do nothing

@ba_el_sto merged with that post.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 73 of 216 (2,354 Views)

School is messing up

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so I'm new to posting bugs but this one is driving me nuts.

If I have kids leaving for school the whole game just kind of stops, the clock is running but my sims aren't moving. Then very slowly one at a time they start to vanish off to school mind you by The Sims clock it is 10:30am or later. This was not happening until after I installed the City Living EP. Any help would be great as I have stopped playing the game due to this issue. 

Message 74 of 216 (2,348 Views)

Re: School is messing up

Hero

Hi @dalecdean

I merged your post with an existing thread on the issue.

It's a known issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 216 (2,340 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

★★★★★ Novice
I recently purchased the sims 4 (it's just the base game) and exactly the same happens to me Frown my kids end up going to school at 9 am everyday.
Message 76 of 216 (2,265 Views)

Re: School is messing up

★★★★ Novice

Hey there, one more report.

It happened to me today and I've tried every suggestion and it keeps happening. It's been months since the first report and still happens, it's kid of off putting that EA is going to release a family based game pack without fixing an issue with kids.

Do you guys at least have a prediction of when this bug will be fixed?

Message 77 of 216 (2,234 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Since the city living update I have been having the issues in this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Issues-with-time-Clock/td-p/5095254

But in the last few days I've been playing through a couple of generations and I now also have the issue in this current thread too. Sims will freeze when they need to go to school or work. I cannot pause the game at all and time keeps going on!

Message 78 of 216 (2,127 Views)

Frozen Sims/Buttons on time bar don't work

★★ Apprentice

Not sure if this has been said (by me or by others) or not, or even if I had looked in the right place for it, but I get to a point where my sim will need to go to school and the game locks. I can't move to another sim or even reset the sim that is frozen in place. I always end up having to get completely out of the game to go back in again and then everything works fine. Also, when I do save, the sims even if they can't move will still be able to look around and stuff, when prior to this issue if I wanted to exit it would totally pause my game while it saved my progress. 

Message 79 of 216 (2,084 Views)

★ Novice

This has been going on for so long.. It really makes me not want to play. Every sim day at 8:00am it's the same thing and it seems like it keeps getting worse. Will EA please just fix this already, it's almost June! 

Message 80 of 216 (2,073 Views)