[FEEDBACK] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

by Sims4780

Original Post

Re: City Living School bug?

Hero

@Shinku-Shay

As @jpkarlsen says that sounds like a mod issue or save game corruption hence I moved it to the general forums.

If you have mods, remove them

If you don't, try a new save for testing purposes and see if it still occurs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 216 (1,968 Views)

whenever my sims have to go to school they freeze and do nothing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This has been a problem for a while, the desk and chair turns yellow and it says (for whatever reason) class in 24 hours. When this comes up, all my sims freeze and stare blankly in front of them and they won't do anything no matter what you tell them to do. To fix this I always have to exit the game around three times for them to go to school. I've tried testingcheats true>reset object (debug) but it does nothing. I know how to get rid of it, but it gets annoying to open and close the game every time they go to school. How can I stop this from happening? If I can't, when can I do when it happens?

Thanks!

(Update)

I also can't switch to any different speeds other than what I'm on, so I can't just wait until the school day is over :/

Message 52 of 216 (1,793 Views)

Re: whenever my sims have to go to school they freeze and do nothing

Sounds like this known bug:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Game-freezes-when-kids-teens-go-to-school/m-p/5...

Is it the same?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 53 of 216 (1,781 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to school, get stuck

★★★ Novice
I have this same exact problem too Frown it only effects going to School for children and teens. Work doesn't get effected. The only thing I've found that works is if I go to map view, then go back. It's a huge pain and ends up still taking a ton of time to load map view, then load back into the house.

Where do we stand? Do we have any type of fix yet? It's almost rendering the game unplayable for me. I've tried everything, repairing, uninstalling, clean boots, and I've never had any mods or ccs on my game. What do we do? Frown
Message 54 of 216 (2,027 Views)

Re: Sims won't go to school, get stuck

Hero

Don't think there's much you can do other than wait until it can be fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 216 (2,021 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

★★★ Newbie
I am having this exact issue. No mods. Nothing.

I am so frustrated!!! I am glad to see that I am not crazy, atleast. ugh.
Message 56 of 216 (2,015 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

★★★ Newbie
Anything yet in this bug??? Been going on for so long now
Message 57 of 216 (1,984 Views)

My sims keep freezing when the kids go to go to school.

★★★ Newbie

My sims in sims 4 freeze in their current action and the time keeps going. This happens every time the kids go to go to school. They are unable to go to school and it stays like this for i don't know how long.

Message 58 of 216 (1,982 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't have any mods or cc in my game and never have. I have also created several different saves at different times and tried to do something different each time but it always freezes when I hit the go to school button.

@crinrict wrote:

@Shinku-Shay

As @jpkarlsen says that sounds like a mod issue or save game corruption hence I moved it to the general forums.

If you have mods, remove them

If you don't, try a new save for testing purposes and see if it still occurs

Message 59 of 216 (1,945 Views)

Hero

@Shinku-Shay

Sorry, I must have misread your post.

It it a known issue so I merged your post.

Please refer to this thread for solutions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 216 (1,938 Views)