[FEEDBACK] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

by Sims4780

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

★★★★★ Novice

Here is my save file, although unlike many other people experiencing this problem, my game only freezes for about a minute, so it is more of an annoyance than a real problem.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvfL76U-GtuSiCf7Fv0jG6GCNU5T

Message 151 of 216 (1,103 Views)

[OPEN] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions bar vampires and luxury party and halloween
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a child and wait until around 8.30 am
What happens when the bug occurs? at around 8.30am every morning my sims freeze and time controls freeze just before the teens and kids go off to school making them late every day
What do you expect to see? at 8.30 teens and kids change and go to school without freezing motionless for a while
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My teens and kids freeze EVERY time around 8am before going to school constantly making them late Frown 

Message 152 of 216 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Jesus. This bug is almost a year old now and still no fix? Seriously? Has EA abandoned this title? Angry

Message 153 of 216 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also tried waiting outside or making sure they aren't doing anything, it seems to still lag pretty bad but as bad as usual

Message 154 of 216 (973 Views)

Re: My sims (child & teen) will not go to school

★★★ Newbie
I'm also having this problem and EA has yet to solve it.This is seriously putting me off wanting to play the game.
Message 155 of 216 (943 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ok so I too have been having this issue. While there is no fix from EA yet, nor is there a sure fire work around, there IS a way to shorten the time it freezes for. I will first explain exactly what I have noticed happens when it is time for children/teens to go to school. Then I will explain my daily (in game) work around.

1- 8 am when children/teens have to go to school, the game freezes. Even if you pause the game time still runs for up to 3 or more in game hours then snaps back to just after 8 am.

2- for every action the child/children/teen(s) are attempting to do or have in que = more freeze time (as it will freeze for 30 sec to 1 minute or more per action the game has to cancel out so it can load the "Go to school" action. This is per child, so the more children you have = more actions to stop = more frustration ... lol

So if there is no action going or in que, the lag/freeze time will be minimal (30 sec - 1 min) per child/teen. So the more children/teens you have, the longer it will freeze for. As I have only 2 children the freeze time is not long doing the following process below.

This is the 1st part of what I do:

1- around 7:30 am I pause the game and cancel all actions on the kid(s)/teen(s).

2- select a spot outside further down the sidewalk to make the kid(s)/teen(s) walk to and "Go here". (you must manually do this for each child/teen)

3- un pause the game for about 5-10 in game minutes then pause again for 10 or so seconds (This is to help allow the system to clear the previous actions).

4- un pause the game and allow the "Go here" action to go into effect (if you have it timed right they will still be walking or just finished walking by the time it gets to 8 am game time). As long as they are doing nothing but walking when it reaches 8 am it does not matter whether or not they have made it outside the house.

The above (1st) part of the process should only take 30 seconds at most to do.

Now for the 2nd part:

5- at 8:01 or 8:02 am pause the game. It WILL pause, but everything will stop/freeze and the time will keep running. It will also still not show that the kid(s)/teen(s) are headed to school which is ok, as it will show that they are in just a minute or two. 

6- At this point it will be stuck on whichever kid/teen you are selected on, this is normal. Now select on another kid/teen and wait till it changes over to the other one you selected on. This will usually take up to 30 seconds, maybe a little longer. (if you have only 1 child or teen, select on an adult member of the household). (also if you have more than 2 kids/teens cycle this step through all of them, ie.... select next one, then wait till it changes to that child/teen, and repeat to select though all of them)

7- change back to the 1st child/teen. You should now see the go to school action loaded into the que.

8- Select the next child/teen down the line till you have cycled though all of them a 2nd time. This is so that the game can have the "Go to school" action loaded on all of them. Once this is done and you can freely change between them you are good to go and can now un pause the game. (if you have only 1 child, once you can freely change between the child/teen and an adult you are good to go).

Depending on other things going on with the game/system this process usually takes me about 1.5-2 minutes to work through the freeze and get the kids off to school. If you have more than 2 kids it will take a little longer to work through. Also remember that the important thing to shortening the amount of time the game freezes is to have the kids doing nothing other than walking and to have nothing in their que.

I know that this is not a permanent work around, and that it is an extra in game daily chore to do. But it is much better (and for me, much faster) than having to exit and reload the game or switch maps, etc.... as sometimes when you enter back into the game it will still be at this problem time (8 am).

If this has helped you please Grant XP to show others that this worked for you as well.

Thank you and have fun out there Standard smile

Message 156 of 216 (905 Views)

★★ Novice

EA come on! It is August 22nd and the new patch came out today and........... NO FIX!

Why not?

Oh that's right, you updated the game so that adult sims can eat toddler snacks. 

Right. I guess there is always hope for next year.

Message 157 of 216 (815 Views)

UPSET Customer about the freezing that is happening when kids/teens go to school

★★★★ Novice

It is Aug 22, 2017

And so many people have voice their frustration on the situation about the game not being able to be played because of the kids/teen going to school and it freezes, up time will go on but that is all the sims will not move between the time of 8am. I really don't care what comes out, I think that EA WAS!!!!! good at what they was doing, but it is to the point they are asking for money but not fixing all the problems that are going on now as we speak. Like I am super PISSED!!!! How can you put out another pack when we have a major bug issue going on like at 8 am when it is time for the kids to go to school the sims freeze, time still goes on but everyone freezes. They wont work on the command that you give them. I thought by now they would have fixed this but NOPE!!!!!. This has been going on ever since toddlers came out and I have called this in and everything and still nothing. But yet you can put out another pack.... I am seeing this as a joke now! I have not been able to play my game since then.

At this point I am really mad that they put out another pack and I will be calling in to ask for ALL my money back for the game because they will not fix this problem and you can't play the game but yet they keep putting more games out for you to buy. When I called up there I was told that the reason why they have not made this a priority is because not to many people have call it in. So that means that they are not paying any attention to our forms and what we are saying, how are we to buy another game and enjoy the way we should if we can't play it because at this time it wont work.

I just would like to advise everyone to call in and complain, also if nothing is done fast after that ask for all your money back. I am sure that would put some fire under them. 

Message 158 of 216 (809 Views)

Re: UPSET Customer about the freezing that is happening when kids/teens go to sc

@megbaby0506 merged your post with the existing post on this issue.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 159 of 216 (797 Views)

Re: UPSET Customer about the freezing that is happening when kids/teens go to sc

★★ Novice

Out of curiosity, would you happen to have the link to the existing post on the issue? I can only seem to find this thread when I look up this bug.

Much appreciated!

Message 160 of 216 (775 Views)