[FEEDBACK] Game freezes when kids/teens go to school

by Sims4780

Original Post

Parenthood Go To School Glitch

★★★ Newbie

After purchasing the Parenthood pack I am noticing a problem with children/teens going to school.

Every school day at 8AM all sims in the household seem to freeze while the clock is still going.

Also in that time if I try to pick up a plate to move it into the sink it gets stuck on the cursor until I hit build/buy mode.
It takes the kids/teens until about 10AM to actually leave for school always making their phones ring.

Message 91 of 216 (1,410 Views)

Re: Parenthood Go To School Glitch

Hero

Hi @dumonde91

I merged your post with exiting bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 216 (1,400 Views)

Re: Parenthood Go To School Glitch

★★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to say that this is happening in my game as well. I've played with no cc, in a brand new save file, and it still happens. Every school day at 8am the game freezes up. Sound still works, the game clock still turns, but my sims stand in place and I can't click on them. Then after a few sim hours the time resets back to 8am and my kids go off to school. It's very frustrating. I'm hoping someone finds a solution soon, until then I guess I'll keep tabs on this thread. 

Message 93 of 216 (1,403 Views)

Re: My Kid Sims keep Freezing and not moving

★ Apprentice
All I really have been doing is send them to school and then most of the kids then freeze and don't go to school for like 3 hours later. In the picture the kid was trying to go down stairs and then had to go to school and then it froze l.
Message 94 of 216 (1,398 Views)

Hero

Hi @StickmanArmy2019

I merged your post with existing bug report on the issue then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 216 (1,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This is the exact same with my game. After I bought Parenthood I started to have an issue where every day monday through friday at 8 am my game messes up. My whole family freezes and stands around doing nothing until hours later, making everyone late for school. I can't pause my game and going into build and buy mode doesn't work for me. I have no custom content or mods in my game. This is quite frustrating while trying to do a 100 baby challenge that depends on kids getting good grades.I have also noticed that when I try to select a different member of my family I takes more than 2 minutes and sometimes fully freezes. My sims needs decrease and sometimes my kids wont even go to school at all the whole day but others will finally make it there around 11-12

Message 96 of 216 (1,348 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed this glitch in my latest save. Didn't realise it was a common bug, and that it's been going on for months. This is really something that needs priority to be fixed.

Message 97 of 216 (1,330 Views)

Re: My sims (child & teen) will not go to school

★★ Novice

I have this issue in my active game now and I have saves with the issue.  No mods or cc in the game at all.  I got a bunch of save files, but it happens to every family I play, so any save file should have the same issue.  I tried to attach it but it says unsupported file type.  How do I send it to you?

Message 98 of 216 (1,328 Views)

★★ Novice

I uploaded my save under Milz2017 to the megaload upload and I attached it here  So can you tell me how to fix the freezing?

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 99 of 216 (1,326 Views)

★★ Novice

One thing though, my time ill keep going, but when it unfreezes, it jumps back to the original time when it started pausing so it can scroll until like 10:30, unfreeze, then jump back to like 8:03 and they are gone to school.  It does it again when the mom goes ot work at 10:30.  Some times i have a problem when they come home from school where it is after 3:00 but still saying they are at school and they are actually home or it will say they are still at school then they pop up home almost 4:00.  It started a little after I got parenthood, but not right when I installed it.  It played k for a while then started doing this.

Message 100 of 216 (1,320 Views)