[OPEN] [GT] Dance Floor Not Responding to Music Correctly

by canelacaliente

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GT] Dance Floor Not Responding to Music Correctly

★★ Guide

I never had this problem until recently; I think it came with the May 25th patch. Option to dance on dance floors is grayed out; I get the message "Music must be playing nearby to perform this interaction."   Listening to music first doesn't make a difference, and it happens with different stereos and different dance floors. 

Removed mods and CC, and reset Sims 4 folder - still occurs. If nobody else is having this issue I'll try repairing my game next.

Message 11 of 16 (790 Views)

★★ Guide

Okay I did a little more testing. Basically this bug affects all the stereos except for the DJ booths or the radios in the DJ booths. I went to a nightclub and the dance floor worked correctly; I then placed a DJ booth at home and it worked too. But none of the regular stereos worked. I know they did work in the past. 

Message 12 of 16 (779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue >Frown

Message 13 of 16 (738 Views)

★ Guide

Bug is still there when the Stereo plays Loud Music!

Message 14 of 16 (625 Views)

Hero

Hm

worked for me but I have never been able to reliably repro this

Could you give me your exact setting ?

• Which music source
  • Which floor ?
  • Which venue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 16 (601 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@LittleMsSam Would you be happy to share your save file so we can investigate further? If so please follow the instructions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/60653...

Message 16 of 16 (565 Views)