by poisonedsoda

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Singing Music Overlay and never stops

★★★★★ Novice

same here

Message 51 of 92 (1,926 Views)

Can't stop practice singing Sim goes on and on

★★★★ Novice

I will have a Sims practice singing and then stop him but in the background the do re mi noise goes on and on and on. He could be jogging or going to work and not be at home but the voice continues. How do stop the noise unless you exit game?

Message 52 of 92 (1,890 Views)

Re: Can't stop practice singing Sim goes on and on

Hero

Hi @JCPete

I've merged your post with existing bug report

Only solution is to restart the game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 92 (1,874 Views)

theres random singing when no one is singing

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me very frequently, I make my sim practice singing with or without a mic and when they stop there is still a singing sound and its so annoying and I have no clue how to stop it.

Message 54 of 92 (1,832 Views)

Re: theres random singing when no one is singing

Hero

@69laurabrown69wrote:

This happens to me very frequently, I make my sim practice singing with or without a mic and when they stop there is still a singing sound and its so annoying and I have no clue how to stop it.

Merged your post with exiting bug report.

Restarting the game is the only thing that seems to help

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 92 (1,823 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! My sim was 1st level in singing and that horrible off-key singing wouldn't stop. I tried making her sing in a new place and then stopping. I tried making all members of the household travel. I tried bulldozing the lot. I tried evicting the family. Nothing worked and that sound... Ugh! It was fingernails down a chalkboard. But sure enough, I tried repairing the library like suggested and my game is once again blissfully silent.

I think someone should nominate you for sainthood. Thanks for saving my game!

Message 56 of 92 (1,801 Views)

★★ Novice

No patch for this yet? I got hit by this bug tonight after I had a sim practice singing at the mic, then stopped them. In fact, by the end of the game session I had two phantom voices warbling away. It was very annoying, so I ended up quitting the game.

I have the City Living, Dining Out and Vintage Glamour add-ons to the basic game.

Message 57 of 92 (1,796 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thx it fixed the problem i had appresheate the help

Message 58 of 92 (1,751 Views)

★ Novice

Just chiming in here to say that I had this bug happen to me twice.

I had the game and the expansions (Get To Work and City Living) for about a month and it's a pretty annoying bug. It drives me crazy when it happens!

There is some CC in my game but nothing heavy, the game wasn't sped up and it occurred when the Singing action is abruptly cancelled right when the sim starts singing. It won't go away if you change lots, households, cities, or restarting from the main menu, the whole game has to be restarted. 

Here's hoping to a fix even though its been months. 🤔

Message 59 of 92 (1,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie
ME TOO!
Message 60 of 92 (1,656 Views)