New TB Rewards (continued from archived)

by greycloak85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New TB Rewards (continued from archived)

★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Doesn't matter
OS Version Doesn't matter
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Missing Rewards
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug In the prior (now archived) bugs section, there was an open item from the thread: New TB Rewards In it, CG_RyDiggs wrote: *****» Hey all, I'm getting info from developers regarding the 30-45 star rewards. Let's not go nuts quite yet. I'll need time to collect data and get a response. Thanks all for the patience as we improve the game together Wink RT ***** A response to the 30-45 star rewards has yet (to my knowledge) to be given. Please supply one.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Finish a TB or look at the historical data associated with rewards.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region
Country

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/135584/new-tb-rewards#latest

Message 1 of 3 (341 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New TB Rewards (continued from archived)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @greycloak85

My apologies, that thread split into two issues, and I dropped off to the bug. I'll address both I hope Standard smile

1. Reports that some of the TB rewards were duplicated or inconsistent (Bug report).

When I was referring to designers reviewing it, I was speaking directly to reviewing all the reward buckets and relative star rewards.

Some of them did change and were fixed (AFAIK). I'm told this is the case.

However, they are still largely expected to remain the same.

2. Your and other players providing us Feedback on TB rewards in General: You and some other players are reporting that rewards are not meeting your expectations.

This is feedback, not necessarily a bug, is absolutely documented and considered. If we make any changes to TB rewards, we'll ABSOLUTELY announce it in the Forums and in the game.
Because there is a random bucket roll, and you only see the TBs 6 times now, in a pool of 10'000 guilds, some will hit that 'rare drop' and some will not.

However, over time, the 40+ star TB rewards will far out strip the 30 star guilds. Remember, this feature is intended to last a very long time. It's not about one single reward, but about getting hundreds more Event tokens along with rolls for loot at a much higher drop rate. 

Yes, the 40+ star buckets have higher drop rates of loot. Over time, this will become evident. However, if you compare the 20 guilds at 40+ vs the 1000's of guilds in the 36+ range, then yes, one of those guilds in the 1000 pool will 'hit the jack pot'. However, the chances they hit that jackpot 2 times is very very low. Soo, every TB, there will be a couple guilds in the 1000's that 'hit the jackpot'. We can't compare mathematically the sample pool of 20 guilds vs 1000's of guilds in a limited (6 sample) test. Over time, the 40+ will feel the benefits. It's a long term investment.

Again, thank you for the feedback and we'll continue monitoring feedback and player sentiment, and looking for ways we can improve the game. Keep the feedback coming!

RT

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (409 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @greycloak85

My apologies, that thread split into two issues, and I dropped off to the bug. I'll address both I hope Standard smile

1. Reports that some of the TB rewards were duplicated or inconsistent (Bug report).

When I was referring to designers reviewing it, I was speaking directly to reviewing all the reward buckets and relative star rewards.

Some of them did change and were fixed (AFAIK). I'm told this is the case.

However, they are still largely expected to remain the same.

2. Your and other players providing us Feedback on TB rewards in General: You and some other players are reporting that rewards are not meeting your expectations.

This is feedback, not necessarily a bug, is absolutely documented and considered. If we make any changes to TB rewards, we'll ABSOLUTELY announce it in the Forums and in the game.
Because there is a random bucket roll, and you only see the TBs 6 times now, in a pool of 10'000 guilds, some will hit that 'rare drop' and some will not.

However, over time, the 40+ star TB rewards will far out strip the 30 star guilds. Remember, this feature is intended to last a very long time. It's not about one single reward, but about getting hundreds more Event tokens along with rolls for loot at a much higher drop rate. 

Yes, the 40+ star buckets have higher drop rates of loot. Over time, this will become evident. However, if you compare the 20 guilds at 40+ vs the 1000's of guilds in the 36+ range, then yes, one of those guilds in the 1000 pool will 'hit the jack pot'. However, the chances they hit that jackpot 2 times is very very low. Soo, every TB, there will be a couple guilds in the 1000's that 'hit the jackpot'. We can't compare mathematically the sample pool of 20 guilds vs 1000's of guilds in a limited (6 sample) test. Over time, the 40+ will feel the benefits. It's a long term investment.

Again, thank you for the feedback and we'll continue monitoring feedback and player sentiment, and looking for ways we can improve the game. Keep the feedback coming!

RT

Message 2 of 3 (410 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.

"Some of them did change and were fixed (AFAIK). I'm told this is the case." 

Perhaps you would be so kind as to add more color here. That is quite a vague answer.

Many thanks.

Message 3 of 3 (245 Views)