Mouse cursor gets stuck in the center of the screen. UI bug.

by Oswald7

Original Post

Re: Mouse cursor gets stuck in the center of the screen. UI bug.

★★★★★ Newbie

Also having this issue as well as a couple friends of mine. None of us are using any type of Reshade, 3rd party program, or have modified the game in any way. There was some speculation that Corsair Utility, or "overlay" based programs could also be a culprit. However none of us are running Corsair, Reshade, Origin In-Game Overlay, Ansel, Discord, or really have anything running in the background at all. I'm running Windows 7, and 2 other friends are on 8.1 and 10.

The issue is completely sporadic and difficult to replicate. Sometimes it happens 3-4 times in 10 minutes, sometimes it can go an hour before re-appearing. So I would suggest other posters saying they uninstalled something like the above and saying it "fixed it" after not having a repeat after 20 minutes of play may wish to hold their posts for a couple hours before blaming another program. This genuinely seems like something in the base game.

Due to the nature of how the mouse snaps back to center and disappears, I have a feeling this may be part of the actual game itself related to the MKB + Controller support. If I plug in a controller and do not touch my mouse and KB at all I've played that way for multiple hours without any reoccurence. However once I start moving the mouse, even in the middle of a conversation it starts happening again.

No other possible leads on the cause as it's very sporadic and it may have just been a couple hours of luck. I have noticed that if I make dialogue choices with my Numpad vs clicking them, the issue happens less frequently. It is incredibly immersion breaking though to have a serious/emotional scene and have a mouse cursor just appear dead center in the screen though. Hoping this gets fixed soon.

Message 11 of 57 (20,678 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This has become a game breaker for me.

I had 3 complete play through's with out this issue and on my 4th play through it happens constantly.

Think I will have to stop playing the game until this is fixed, let's hope our calls for help don't go unanswered........

Message 12 of 57 (20,581 Views)

★ Apprentice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform: PC
Edition: Standard Edition
Version: Digital

Also having this problem, it's extremely annoying. It happens randomly both in normal mode and in the middle of cutscenes. Thought it might be related to running in borderless windowed mode with two screens, and switching back and forth between the two with the mouse, but nobody else has mentioned having a dual monitor setup. My solution thus far has been to alt+tab to another open window in order to get rid of the mouse cursor appearance.

Message 13 of 57 (20,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It's really annoying when the cursor pops up when you're aiming. 

Started occurring for me with the new patch. Reshade seems to exasperate it more. Tried it on a fresh install with the same issue. It really is gamebreaking to have the cursor pop up in when you're in combat, but's pretty damn annoying to see it in cutscenes as well. 

Actually caused me to stop playing because it interferes with combat so much. 

Message 14 of 57 (20,355 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is really marring my enjoyment of the game. It's a constant issue in both single and multi-player... but it's just a gamebreaker for me in single-player. It totally kills my immersion and I can't focus my 100% attention on what is happening because a cursor is distracting me most of the time.

Message 15 of 57 (20,318 Views)

★ Apprentice

PC patch 1.06.

Mouse cursor still not fixed...

Bioware please fix it already. :/

Message 16 of 57 (20,207 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

why Bioware doesn´t fix this bug?? it is so hard to fix??? it´s a triple AAA game!!! what a shame 

Message 17 of 57 (20,169 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

After PC patch 1.06:

Mee too, Mouse cursor still not fixed.

My workaround is:

I wrote a autohotkey-script, which toggles/untoggles all Menu-keys.

By this Way (On Exit the Menu via pressing the menukey again)

moves the mouse cursor a little bit downwards.

So the mouse cursor usually disappears immediately.

Unfortunately, this serves me only with the menus, because

with dialogues or opening datalogs comes this damn pointer again.

Then I have to open the map and close.Sick

Unfortunately, I nowadays as a PC player with almost every AAA game write an autohotkey-script, which I find a pity.Disappointed

Message 18 of 57 (20,145 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

PATCH 1.7 AND STILL DOESN´T FIX IT!!!

Message 19 of 57 (19,987 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This first occurred for me after the first patch.  It is ridiculous.  But yeah it goes away usually if you enter a menu and then exit again.  The tab menu is the least load intensive so it's kind of best to use that (weapon/power wheel menu).

Considering some planets have a pathetic glare effect that is overdone, it's good to avoid going into your menu to clear off the cursor.

Message 20 of 57 (19,932 Views)