Missing Dog Tag (Closed Alpha: Dreaming of War)

by robb_zzzz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing Dog Tag (Closed Alpha: Dreaming of War)

★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Never received closed alpha dog tag (Dreaming of War)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check the account of players like me who met the requirements. Not sure what you can see on your end (EA).
What happens when the bug occurs? N/A
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number N/A
Enter RAM memory size in GB N/A

For the closed alpha, the requirement to get the dog tag "Dreaming of War" was to play for 10 hours total, and to log in any 7 days during the closed alpha period. Yes, it is logging in any 7 days, as Braddock (EA DICE-LA) confirmed the requirements on the closed alpha forums--which no one can view anymore anyways except mods and above unfortunately.

I logged in for at least 8 days, and played for at least 11 hours or more; I recall seeing at least 11 hours from Origin when the alpha used to be in my library.

I've been told various things:

• The tag has not been sent out yet. I don't believe this as it's supposed to be applied to an account automatically on EA's end.
  • It's a known bug, also including some other dog tags, and has been forwarded to DICE.
  • The tag is not yet in the game. This article says otherwise.

I've only seen people claim that they have the alpha or beta dog tags, but haven't seen anyone in-game actually wearing them. So when will I or others get them? Has it been acknowledged? Based on forums.battlefield.com, I'm not alone in this; no one has any idea what's going on concerning this.

Message 1 of 7 (914 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing Dog Tag (Closed Alpha: Dreaming of War)

@robb_zzzz

Sry. for this troubles man, but i'm just a Gamer like you and can't help at this point.

Greets,
Travis

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (875 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I've had this happen with some of my dog tags such as my battlefest 2016 tag, but after the winter update I had my dog tag return. It may just be something to do with the game itself so I'd suggest to keep contacting support or to just wait.

Message 2 of 7 (766 Views)

@robb_zzzz

It's been a while now since the Closed-Alpha, it should be already fixed. Amyways, if you still miss the Dog Tag please contact the Support about that.

They should be able to check your account if you completed the requirements for it, and unlock you missing content.

We'r not able to do that here in the Forums.

Greets,
Travis

(Please leave XP and accept it as Solution if it helped you) Thanks

Message 3 of 7 (758 Views)

★ Apprentice

Look at the date of the OP. Another user necro'd the thread.

Since EA and DICE seem to have very minor problems like this with their backend that they cannot fix, and the blame keeps getting put on the other, it's beating a dead horse if I talk to anyone by this point. Back when I pursued this, it was like dealing with a chicken that had its head cut off.

And no, I still don't have it, but I gave up on that long ago. That just means I won't be reporting serious memory leaks and other internal problems to them for their next game I get invited to.

Message 4 of 7 (751 Views)

@robb_zzzz

Sry. for this troubles man, but i'm just a Gamer like you and can't help at this point.

Greets,
Travis

Message 5 of 7 (876 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, I know you're an average Joe like me. Didn't mean to come off as hostile--sorry if I did.

There must have been some backlash at EA Support since I last talked to them since apparently I was immediately escalated to a team that "investigates" missing content. At least I got further this time than last, so thanks for putting the idea back in my head.

Message 6 of 7 (740 Views)

@robb_zzzz

No worries man, glad if i could help anyways. Standard smile

Greets,
Travis

Message 7 of 7 (736 Views)