Inability to place windows on ground/floor level

by katieemmaw

Original Post

Inability to place windows on ground/floor level

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get to work, Get together, Fitness stuff, Spa day, Holiday stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place any size window that fits any size wall and place it on the ground level.
What happens when the bug occurs? https://gyazo.com/ca46781e81be7e45e40b8146d405153d <- it shows a message saying "can't intersect with walls" even though it's a window and thus will not let me place it
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a window placed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I had an update when I opened the game today (10/08/17 8/9pm GMT)

https://gyazo.com/ca46781e81be7e45e40b8146d405153d (also placed above)

Not sure why this has happened, I restarted my game as well as my PC and this issue still persisted. A little confusing!

Message 1 of 6 (10,049 Views)

Re: Inability to place windows on ground/floor level

Hero

Have you tried repairing your game yet ? Did you also delete your cache files when you removed your cc/mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (10,033 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ah thanks. Seems to be good so far.. forgot about the repair feature and cache!

Although this still persists when windows are placed on a standalone wall, but seems to work fine when it's made into a room. Not sure if that's a thing that I haven't noticed or if it's just bugged out, lol.

Message 3 of 6 (10,028 Views)

Hero

Hi @katieemmaw

I've just tested this on my own game and didn't have any issue.

Did you try multiple lots and multiple windows ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (10,019 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Yes, standalone walls should be fine.  Are you building on a specific lot?  Have you built a basement beneath the area or have any other structures in the vicinity?  We did have something similar posted on the forums http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921028/cant-intersect-with-walls#latest that I was able to duplicate in my game.  The user was able to use the bb.moveobjects cheat to successfully place doors that were blocked by that same error; you should be able to do the same thing as well.

Message 5 of 6 (9,990 Views)

Hero

Tagging @katieemmaw for Feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (9,962 Views)