Hybrid Controls Turn Passes into Dumps or Icings (HELP, EA!)

by Esterfella

Original Post

Hybrid Controls Turn Passes into Dumps or Icings (HELP, EA!)

★ Novice

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Whenever I send a breakout pass or other forward pass to another player, using Hybrid controls, the intended recipient automatically releases or dumps the puck forward (usually resulting in an icing or turnover). It's as if the Skate command prompts a Dump command. I've tried adjusting the Settings, but to no avail. I see from other complaints, that I'm not alone, but I've yet to see a helpful response of any kind from EA Sports.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Hybrid controls; execute a head man pass, and watch the puck get immediately dumped by the recipient, without hitting any buttons.
What happens when the bug occurs? The intended recipient of a pass is unable to receive the pass and skate forward with it; instead, the puck is dumped immediately.
What do you expect to see? First, a response from EA acknowledging the problem. Second, an immediate fix. Third, post that you've fixed it. The game is expensive; it's not too much for it to work and for EA to support its loyal customers. ‌

Product: NHL 17
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug Whenever I send a breakout pass or other forward pass to another player, using Hybrid controls, the intended recipient automatically releases or dumps the puck forward (usually resulting in an icing or turnover). It's as if the Skate command prompts a Dump command. I've tried adjusting the Settings, but to no avail. I see from other complaints, that I'm not alone, but I've yet to see a helpful response of any kind from EA Sports. PLEASE HELP US, AS WE ARE YOUR PAYING CUSTOMERS!
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Hybrid controls; execute a head man pass, and watch the puck get immediately dumped by the recipient, without hitting any buttons.
What happens when the bug occurs? The puck gets dumped or iced, and the intended recipient is unable to receive the pass and skate forward with it; instead, the puck is dumped.
What do you expect to see? First, a response from EA acknowledging the problem. Second, an immediate fix. Third, post that you've fixed it. The game is expensive; it's not too much for it to work and for EA to support its loyal customers.

Message 1 of 1 (684 Views)