Guns in battlefield 1 causes no damage after spring update

by YAFernando

Original Post

Re: BF1 Guns causing no damage

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here, pretty sure it is not latency issue. Ping is 35ms. Bf1 on PC. After this big patch game does not work properly...As I see this is already reported by a lot of people and EA shame on you.

SHAME...ding ding...SHAME...ding ding...SHAME...

Message 81 of 105 (1,076 Views)

Re: Guns in battlefield 1 causes no damage after spring update

★★★★★ Newbie
I've been having the same issue with the Gewehr 98. I'll be zoomed in with cross hairs right on the head of another guy laying down and the bullet just seems to dissappear into their head with no damage. It's so frustrating.
Message 82 of 105 (1,055 Views)

Re: BF1 No Damage after update

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

To me it happens every day, sometimes it happens after about an hour of gaming but way more often it happens after the first 2 reloads of the weapon (any weapon).

Most of the times I'm still able to hit and kill with knife, grenades, mortars and vehicles.

The only solution I have found is to quit the server and join again. But again, I can only rely on a few bullets.

MSI Nvidia GTX 970

MSI 970 Gaming

AMD FX 8370

win7x64

Message 83 of 105 (1,049 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue. Even with stationary targets! See the attached video. Ping around 50ms. PC platform.

Message 84 of 105 (1,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue tried multiple classes i had a ping of 16-30. Nothing worked i literally walked behind a guy put a gun to head (martini henry) nothing just passed straight through. Same with Tanks, Planes and other classes as well. Had to quit the server and join back. Pretty annoying to suddenly realize your bullets are made of air

Message 85 of 105 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Novice

Regarding the official posts which links to the new patch notes and telling us, it's a ping and leading problem: NO it isn't. Again: this happens for low ping player as well and with stationary targets. If a target doesn't move, leading shouldn't be necessary at all.

Here is a video demonstrating the issue. I'm playing on EU servers with a ping of 30-50ms.

Note: I somehow can't attach the video. So here is the link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o93c79w0cr17g8a/fehler.mp4

Message 86 of 105 (1,001 Views)

★ Apprentice

I made a new bug report topic for this bug. I am not trying to steal any thunder, I just worried that if  it was marked as solved it would be overlooked. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Spring-Update-No-Damage-Bug/m-p/6082918#M3903

Message 87 of 105 (979 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This is happening to me too, only guns though not any explosives. It shows the other player getting hit by my bullets but not bringing down their health at all or giving me hit points but it clearly shows the player being shot and bleeding. It randomly started mid game and my latency was 13. I'm not sure if it is gun specific I.e. Only my defensive hellreigel or it.
Message 88 of 105 (909 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi at all,

i got the same Problem but only after playing for a wile. The first hour is ok, then the bug apears. After a restart of the game the bug was away and so on...

Pleas fix it.

Platform: PC

Message 89 of 105 (894 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have a 15ms ping and can't make a kill with the f*********  trench gun? 0:20 stats and rage quit!!!!  nice update, very good job!!!

Message 90 of 105 (884 Views)