Original Post

Game switches selected defensive player to cornerback, and he freezes

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug Game switches selected defensive player to cornerback, and he freezes
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in franchise, in coach mode, not moving the players
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to just keep a dt selected, playing as a coach, but the game takes it upon itself to switch to a cb. Even if I try player lock, which seems to do nothing. When it does this, the cb doesn't move at all, he just stands there, and the wr runs right past him, usually wide open for a long gain. I don't touch the controls at all during the game other than to select a play, so it ain't me. This happens at least three-four times a game, and if I don't notice it and switch back to a lineman it's usually a disaster.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game not to switch out to a cb, AND if it does, or if I select one, he should move as always.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Capitantony
Date/time issue occurred Again and again, every game I play.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug Game switches selected defensive player to cornerback, and he freezes
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in franchise, in coach mode, not moving the players
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to just keep a dt selected, playing as a coach, but the game takes it upon itself to switch to a cb. Even if I try player lock, which seems to do nothing. When it does this, the cb doesn't move at all, he just stands there, and the wr runs right past him, usually wide open for a long gain. I don't touch the controls at all during the game other than to select a play, so it ain't me. This happens at least three-four times a game, and if I don't notice it and switch back to a lineman it's usually a disaster.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game not to switch out to a cb, AND if it does, or if I select one, he should move as always.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Capitantony
Date/time issue occurred Again and again, every game I play.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.

Message 1 of 4 (379 Views)

Re: Game switches selected defensive player to cornerback, and he freezes

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Just had it happen a second time in the same game, so I tried to purposely select a cb on defense. Again, ball was snapped, and he just stood and watched the wr run past him. Tried it with Defensive switch assist on and off, same result. Can't believe this is still in the game...am I the only one having it happen?

Message 2 of 4 (376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

...and have found after some experimentation that it can be a defensive player at any position; just didn't notice with a dt, since they instantly engaged when the play starts.

Edit: Also happens in a play now game.

Message 3 of 4 (372 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just found this elsewhere:

On Pro, the highlighted defender will move without your input.
On All-Pro, the highlighted defender will not move without your input, but as you said you can hold L1 and the defender will perform his assignment.
On All-Madden, the highlighted defender will not move without your input even if you hold L1.

This is ridiculous. When did you add this garbage in? If I'm playing the game as a COACH (or owner) I want to play as a COACH (or owner). I don't want to control the stupid players. I'm surprised you even still allow coach mode for the qb. If you're going to put this * in, add a setting to turn it on or off, too, like coach mode for defense. This is probably something aimed at MUT or online, which is all you guys ever seem to focus on. And it doesn't even work consistently, or keep the same player selected. Nice job, as always.

Message 4 of 4 (361 Views)