Re: Game breaking bug/glitch H-047c - cannot leave planet.

by SMeloche

Original Post

★★ Novice

Me too. I have had this happen twice.  It doesn't matter how I try to leave a planet, but when it gets into this mode, the "ship taking off" animation just locks up in mid take-off.  I have to kill the game in Task Manager or it just sits around locked.  When everything is cleaned up and I re-load the game it still locks up if I try to leave the planet.  The last time it happened I only managed to clear up the problem by re-booting my PC.  Maybe there is a memory leak or something?  Try a fresh boot (assuming it is the PC version that is locking up for you).  By the way, this problem is a new one - I have only noticed it for the past couple of days.  (Currently manifesting on Elaaden).  Maybe some other application is leaving a resource on my PC used up?  That seems to be the only solution. though I am not sure what. (Chrome is always finding ways to use more memory, though and I would not put it past them to leave tasks laying around)

Message 11 of 32 (3,567 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem. I tried pressing "T" the first time and the top of the screen said "Hazardous conditions detected. Extraction impossible." and then a few lines down in the center the screen will be "Tempest" and below that will be a circle with "[T]" in the middle, and then right below that it will say "Extraction in progress.". The extraction never happens. After that it just shows the "Hazardous conditions detected. Extraction impossible." message.

I decided to complete every quest I could on the H-047c asteroid so that I wouldn't have to come back. I finally reached the very last one. I tried going down into the vault and a bug occurred while I was dropping down in the "Gravity Well" and it killed me and started my team and I outside of the dome without our vehicle. We walked to the nearest "Forward Station", saved the game. We had no ill effects so there is no reason we could not get out of the Nomad when we were next to a Forward Station and it showed safe zone with low radiation. There was no Return to the Tempest option which I use occasionally on other planets. We called the "Nomad" and boarded her. We then drove a little ways from the Forward Station,  saved the game again and I was able to repeat the "Tempest [T] Extraction in progress" with no extraction ever happening.

I have already rebooted and downloaded the latest video card drivers. I ended task on everything not necessary. I have been doing that for awhile because the computer occasionally locks up while I am playing this game

I can't go any farther here. I have saves from before this, but I don't want to lose my progress! I really enjoy this game. Too bad they don't have console commands to move forward in a quest when there is a problem.

Message 12 of 32 (3,542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I finished all of the missions and still could leave the planet! I went back to a save before I got to H-047c and continued the game from there. Now I'm almost done and am getting to a place where I can't go any further. I'll try going to H-047c again. Please fix it!

I sure wish somebody could find a work around so that I could complete all the major quests including those related to H-047c.

NOTE: This Bug Report shows that it is Solved. Do I need to submit another Bug Report?

P.S I love this game but it seems to be full of quite a few little problems. I hope you continue to fix these things!

Message 13 of 32 (3,529 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi @dwharper34

You have the Console window open. Remember to close it when you want to continue playing. It captures all your input.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 14 of 32 (3,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi @jpkarlsen,

I only have the console open to take the screenshots. (Screenshot.Render) The "Prtscn" (Print Screen) button doesn't seem to work. Is there a better way?

I found a solution for the Radeon ReLive drivers. Use <Ctrl+Shift+E>. I have not tried it yet, but that should work. If I don't find a solution that works for me, I may try taking some more screen shots when I get back to this area again.

I had to change my Radeon ReLive shortcut to <Ctrl+Shift+L> because E is Interact and it will change the screen before the screenshot takes place.

For nVidea it should be <Alt+F2>.

Message 15 of 32 (3,512 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have you tried going into one of the domes and then pressing your "T" key?

Since the domes are safe from the radiation hazard you may be able to extract from there. Hope this helps!

Message 16 of 32 (3,491 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The T key only works in the Nomad and since you can't get the Nomad into a Dome...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 17 of 32 (3,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I was finally able to get off planet. I did all the quests on H-047c except The Remnant Tiller. I completed Vetra's loyalty mission and left the last bubble and moved into an open area. I pressed T and continued to hold it down, but nothing happened. The Hazardous conditions detected. Extraction impossible was at the top. When I let T go, the Tempest [T] Extraction in progress came up, pressing the T immediately again didn't function and no extraction ever happened.

I decided the only thing I could do was The Remnant Tiller quest. Since it always kills me when I go down the gravity well and kicks me outside without the Nomad, I decided to run to the ship. Normally if you fast travel on foot, you will end up next to the Forward Station you selected with the Nomad next to you. On this planet/asteroid when you fast travel on foot you end up in the Nomad. So I jumped down the Gravity Well, died, ended up outside, then my companions and I ran all the way across the map to the Tempest and entered her normally.

The only problems are right now I can't complete The Remnant Tiller Quest and if I was able to go down the gravity well without dying, I would still be stuck on the planet.

The interesting thing is when you finish Vetra's loyalty quest, you get on Sid's transport and take off. But, you end up in the Nomad!

Message 18 of 32 (3,463 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Have you tried if todays patch fixed your issue?

Message 19 of 32 (3,454 Views)

★ Guide

Hi @jpkarlsen,

Thanks for letting me know about the patch. It did solve both of my problems. I pressed the T button next to a Forward Station so there was no radiation and it worked! I was also able to use the Gravity Well to turn on The Remnant Tiller.

I don't know if it works in the radiation now or not.

Thank You again and Thanks EA/Bethesda for the patch and the great game!

Message 20 of 32 (3,438 Views)