Re: Forced to retire after 3 seasons

by jstdollarsign

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Forced to retire after 3 seasons

★ Novice

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug After Playing with a created player in connected franchise, I'm forced to retire after 3 seasons. This has happened 2 out of 2 times that I've played.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? create an undrafted qb, do awesome and get rated as a 99 , play for a few seasons
What happens when the bug occurs? I can only retire
What do you expect to see? I'd expect not to be forced to retire as a 24 yr old 99 rated QB
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? thorns1de
Date/time issue occurred 10/15 10Tongue outm
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode? Unknown

Seriously, I shouldn't be forced to retire after 3 years.  Let me know when this is fixed and I'll play again but I'm not investing anymore time in this game.

Message 1 of 5 (23,312 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

This happened to me too. What I did was I made a save point right after the third season, on the first off season week, I pressed Demand Release (become a free agent), and after a stage or two, I got several offers, I took one and my career kept on going. Right now I'm in my fifth year. Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (28,664 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice
Just recently picked up M17 and have the same identical problem you had.
Message 2 of 5 (22,792 Views)

★★ Novice

This happened to me too. What I did was I made a save point right after the third season, on the first off season week, I pressed Demand Release (become a free agent), and after a stage or two, I got several offers, I took one and my career kept on going. Right now I'm in my fifth year. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 5 (28,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing. Couldn't load back. Pretty awesome that this is a serious problem and hasn't been fixed. Probably wasted about 30 hours.
Message 4 of 5 (21,798 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Still happening in 2017.. smh
Message 5 of 5 (19,798 Views)