[FIXED] [V] Dates & Wedding and Birthday parties only possible at night

by Novelwrite

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] [V] Unable to select a vampire as "birthday sim"

★★★★★ Novice

I think I've got it, but I will need to know one thing from your test: was it still night time when you threw the birthday party? I read that vampire dates fail unless done at night, so I tested the birthday party at a time later than 8:00 PM and it works, it allows me to select the vampire child. Before 8:00 PM it still doesn't. Since children go to school and young vampires still have the sleep need, I had never tried to throw his part at a late hour. But I think that is a sort of solution, it only works at night.

I don't know if this is intentional, if it is it should probably be stated somewhere since it sure confused me, and if not maybe it can be fixed in a patch? Standard smile 

Also! I just tested this, but the same is true of the vampire wedding parties! They can he held at night, which is awesome since I thought they could not be held at all!

Message 41 of 78 (1,404 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [V] Vampires Can't get Married through wedding arch/party

★★★★★ Novice

I have a sort of solution: start your wedding party social event at night and it should work. The same appears to be true of birthday parties and dates for vampires.

Message 42 of 78 (1,398 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [V] Unable to select a vampire as "birthday sim"

Hero

I think it was still night.

I'll re-test during the day.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 78 (1,390 Views)

Re: Unable to select a vampire as "birthday sim"

Hero

Thanks @KaitySpirit

merged all these threads as they seem to be the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 78 (1,381 Views)

Unable to select birthday sim

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone. I've recently been encountering issues with selecting a birthday sim when planning a birthday party. Although this has happened in the past, I currently have a vampire family of 7, 2 adults, 3 children, 2 toddlers. The toddlers are twins and it says that the amount of days until age up is 0. So, I want to throw a birthday party. However when I go to plan it and select the sim, the only sim I can choose is Jessica, the second youngest child who still has ages until age-up. I'm not sure what to do to fix this. I've tried making sure auto-age is on, obviously exiting in and out of the game numerous times, and it's still not working. My sims end up very sad about not having a birthday party. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Message 45 of 78 (1,352 Views)

Re: Unable to select birthday sim

Champion (Retired)

This is a known bug. You can use a cake to age them up. You can invite guests but no birthday party.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 46 of 78 (1,342 Views)

Re: Unable to select birthday sim

Hero

Hi @pemberelyatdawn

merged your post with existing bug report

It should work if you hold the party at night

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 78 (1,331 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Dates with vampires failing for no reason

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue, the vampire teen has never been able to have a successful date, ending almost immediately as unsuccessful. So,  I switched household to see if his human girlfriend could take him on a date it was also unsuccessful after just a couple of minutes.

Message 48 of 78 (1,303 Views)

vampire kids

★★ Novice

I decided that my two vampire adults would try for a baby, this has resulted in the toddler staying a toddler and not giving me a birthday party option. will not move from toddler to child.

Message 49 of 78 (1,214 Views)

Re: vampire kids

Hero

Hi @Reaper06ss

since there's several issues at the moment a few questions for you

• Did you just try the birthday party and that's what's not working (if so, try throwing the party at night, that should work) ?
  • Did you try baking a cake and that doesn't let you add candles ?
  • Did you wait to see if the toddler ages up on it's own after a few days and that's not working ?
  • Are you using any mods on your game ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 78 (1,205 Views)