[FIXED] Baby taken away/baby doesn't cry when hungry

by Amimelia

Original Post

Re: Babies Being Taken

★★★★ Novice

I always switch houses as I play and I always have and it has never been an issue. I don't know if it is only when I switch or just when I go back to play (I think the 1st time I saved and exited and when I went to play again it was the same family and it was gone.) I can't revert to a previous save file because I don't click save as everytime I play, just regular save, if I did, I would have thousands of save files and it would get very complicated. Is there any other way to revert?

Message 21 of 64 (1,604 Views)

Hero

There's auto-backups.

They are labeled ver0-ver4 at the end.

You can just rename the regular save to slot_0000000x.save.old and then remove the verX from the backups and see if any of those still have the baby

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 64 (1,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Where would I find these? And How do I know which is which?

Message 23 of 64 (1,590 Views)

Hero

They are in this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves

They have the same number then the main save. The one with the newest date/biggest sites is the newest backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 64 (1,577 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But how do I know which is which? I have many save files and don't want to go changing all of them. Are they in the order that they are when i go to load  them?

Message 25 of 64 (1,558 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You can go on the load menu and check the date on the one that has the program.

Then just find the save with the same date.

Or just send me the whole folder (zipped) and I'll try to figure it out for you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 64 (1,552 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you. I tried what you suggested and decided going that far back wasn't worth losing all the save data in other families so I just had them have another child. Thank you so much for your help though!

Message 27 of 64 (816 Views)

Re: Baby Never Cries

★★★ Newbie

I thought it was my mods but hearing that you dont have mods i know its not just me with the glitch. My sims baby got taken away because of this glitch

Message 28 of 64 (1,051 Views)

Hero

Do they just not cry for you or also not change the color on their portrait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 64 (1,041 Views)

★★ Apprentice

They don't cry, and they stay green. For all practical purposes, the baby is doing great. I've had my adult sims go in and cuddle, talk to, all sorts of things with their babies - get positive reactions. The baby is laying in bed cooing, falls asleep, wakes up happy. There is no sign of distress when this happens.  Then out of the blue - you get a notice that your baby is starving and will be taken away if not fed soon.  WHAT? yea... it's a weird  feeling to say the least.

Message 30 of 64 (992 Views)