Everything I've found wrong in ME:A (feel free to add anything I've missed)

by ketxxx

Original Post

Re: Everything I've found wrong in ME:A (feel free to add anything I've missed)

★ Guide

@ketxxx fabulous work on the first post!

I was just playing the game and noticed there are 3 Arks in the middle of the Nexus, I have no Idea when they appeared there but I see them connected to the center circle of the Nexus.

I just wish they would do something more with that as it seems pretty dumb to get the arks but not be able to use them, or at least see a difference on the station.

Just an FYI. Standard smile

Message 131 of 273 (819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Found another collision issue. When talking to Dr. Nakamoto, Jaal looks like he's hitting the poor doctor from behind with his *ahem* body every 3 seconds. 

-Talk to Dr. Nakamoto when you run into him for the first time.

-Jaal will somehow walk behind the doctor instead of standing still beside Ryder, and gets stuck behind some crates, then proceeds to ram into the doctor from behind every 3 seconds. 

Seems like I couldn't reproduce the issue upon reloading my save. Must be a rare thing. Still funny when I saw it. 

There's been a few cutscenes where your squadmates will wander off when you're standing there talking to someone. 

Message 132 of 273 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Here is another bug, or maybe issue for Bioware to fix:

Don't spawn mission related areas if mission hasn't been picked up.

In numerous occasions I encounter areas with Kett or pirates or any other enemy you can think of, just to realize later that was part of a mission I am supposed to do, and then when you head back you have to go through the same fight over again. problem is, that they act exactly the same like the last fight, so you know what is going to happen and can out flank them before they even spawn.

But most idiotic was when I went to Elaaden to look for a crashed something or other, and on the way to the point I encountered some pirates (or something of the sort) and after I defeated them and got to where I was supposed to go (which was three feet away behind a dune), I realized I had to go back to the same spot and fight them again. seems very stupid to me, and this is such a basic programming concept I really don't understand how they allowed themselves to do this.

On Voeld, while I was driving around the area I found a base that was attacked by the Kett, so I defeated them and there was an injured Angaran there which I couldn't interact with. when I finally got the mission to head over there, the injured angaran vanished and was no where to be seen.

So, just don't spawn areas that belong to missions if we didn't accept the mission yet, or don't let us in, or anything else you can think of, or play Skyrim to see how they did it.

Edited:

Almost forgot, the overdrive pack consumable isn't working for me at all, doesn't do a thing when I click on it.

And maybe add a - why the hell can't we use consumables by clicking on a number? who in the hell has time to open a wheel in the middle of a fight? I never use it, at least give us some options.

Edit - just found out that the -F- buttons control the consumables....Disappointed couldn't they just tell us???

Message 133 of 273 (786 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Found another one, Remnant puzzles not always counted towards Cryptographer Trophy/achievement.

Message 134 of 273 (746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ketxxx please add this bug :

In multiplayer throwing an enemy out of the map will give you an assist kill and not grant you the kill, player that shot last will get the kill.

I confirmed this by playing a private game with some friends of mine, and I let them shoot the enemies and I just used throw at them to get them off the map. I ended up with 0 kills!!!

Message 135 of 273 (740 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Great post! If bugs and balance can be achieved, then I really thing ME:A could shine. I enjoy playing it for the most part, but I find myself seriously asking myself whether I'm in the mood to "dig in" for the evening due to several of the issues outlined in the first post.

My biggest gripe right now as I've started the NEW GAME+ is the severe weapon imbalance issues. It was bad during the first playthrough (which I did on Hard). I'm doing NEW GAME+ on Insanity, and let me paint the picture (caution: weapon spoilers follow):

• Assault Rifles: Completely worthless. All of them. Been alternating between the Mattock, Falcon, and P.A.W. and all of them are worthless against even the most basic Kett Chosen. Going 1:1 against a Kett Chosen with the Revenant takes about 7-10 seconds to take him down at point-blank range with headshot/torso aims. Seriously. He should have been dead on arrival. Standard smile
  • Sniper Rifles: This one illustrates it best. The Isharay is my sniper rifle of choice because 1) I'm a darn good shot, and 2) it has the highest base damage stats. You'd think this super gun would be unstoppable on the field, right? NOPE! At a distance of 50-yards it takes around 2-3 headshots to take down a basic Kett Chosen, 4-5 for an Anointed , and 5-6 for a Destined. I'm sorry, but even if they have shields and armor a direct shot from the Isharay should inflict significant damage. Plus, if they don't have armor...it should be the final sound that they hear. Nuff said. 
  • Pistols: Most pistols are weak, but they seem to be more effective than the Assault Rifles (in general). Plus, the N7 Eagle is clearly more effective than any Assault Rifle. It feels a bit like bringing a knife to a gun fight. Something ain't right.
  • Shotguns: Haven't used them. Not my playstyle. But sounds like the main poster on this thread ran into the same issues with them as well.

@Bioware Please get the weapon balancing matter resolved quickly. I'm currently halfway into my NEW GAME+ on Insanity mode, and it's just not any fun with this ridiculous weapon ineffectiveness. It's like playing Final Fantasy VII with under-leveled characters, and every meaningless encounter feels like your taking on the end boss. Except your not...and you know it. Wondering

Message 136 of 273 (733 Views)

★ Guide

I'll update the first post later today guys, real world stuff putting me behind such as troubleshooting a mainboard I've been sent.

Message 137 of 273 (719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@ketxxx I don't think you will find so many bugs anywhere in real life Standard smile why would you want to go anywhere else? Wink

Message 138 of 273 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I was driving around on Voeld and I went past the sniper outside of Techixx for the White Death mission and if you drive past the area, it doesn't seem to pick up again. Reloading the save did nothing to try and re-trigger it.

It's one of those missions that automatically picks up if you're within a certain area. Unlike the ones where you talk to someone to start it. 

I also remember reading somewhere it fails to trigger if one of your squadmates is talking at the same time the mission giver it doesn't pick it up again. 

Message 139 of 273 (696 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yet more bugs! Sarcastic yay!

-Every time I finish a conversation with the Moshae in her office or whatever, she proceeds to walk through my character. Same thing happens with Evfra.
-While on the Nexus, if they play one of Ryder's interviews over the comms or whatever, your character will say the lines instead of them being replayed by the news. I actually couldn't hear the news at all the vast majority of the time this happened, so I initially thought Ryder was just randomly (and constantly) spouting out old interview responses.
-Around the time I was doing the final little loyalty missions for my crew, SAM started to constantly tell me I had email when I didn't. Not just when he should have been talking about strike teams, but all over the ship, including right after take-off from a planet.
-Cannot pick up/buy/earn from loot crates any new weapons or armour between levels 61 and 71.
-Cannot manually save the game if Ryder is standing within about two meters of a door. Ever.
-Randomly cannot save the game if standing in some random "wrong" place. This happens especially often around Prodromos. I won't be able to save while standing in *this* particular bit of desert, but if I run a couple meters in any direction, I suddenly can.
-After the final turian arc mission, Ryder continues to speak as though wearing a helmet. Game has to be saved and reloaded to get it to stop doing this.
-Ryder's head will randomly turn around 180-degrees during various conversations like they're suddenly in the Exorcist. This happens to me frequently, it's getting downright embarrassing.

-Final update to the scourge codex entry leaves it permanently marked as unread.

-My journal always shows up as having something unread, but if I actually go into it, everything is marked as read.

-Earn Your Badge never completes, in spite of having been completed. Prompt to speak to quest-giver remains after speaking to him and turning in the quest, but no longer works.

More minor complaint: the sex scene with PeeBee REALLY assumes you're playing Scott. That isn't how two females have sex, unless someone's wearing a strap-on.

And please, Bioware, PLEASE! Always let us save before we're about to have to make conversation choices or major game decisions!

Oh, and as a final side note... how cool would it have been if, every so often when we returned to our settlements, it was to find new buildings had gone up and more people were living there?

(And I quite like SAM and the sudoku and my Ryder not being an experienced badass like Shepard or Alec, please don't hate me.)

Message 140 of 273 (673 Views)