Dolby Atmos does not work in BF1

by MrSavageSK

Original Post

Re: Dolby Atmos does not work in BF1

★★★★ Novice

yes, yes yes, none of that worked. I bought a new moniter, 34" UW, and used display port for its connection w/freesync, and moved my hdmi to my 2ndary moniter of three, and now Atmos bitstreams to my receiver no problem. You guys really have to get your act together. You're giving me less than beginners instructions and treating me like a moron, seriously. I think I'm a bit past that, anyway's I resolved the probem myself, no thanks to you whatsoever. No clue what is different in the settings other than the primary moniter is no longer HDMI, same cables as before and all, so yeah. 

Message 11 of 33 (27,484 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nope, it bitstreams. Tried it with headphones, Atmos becomes disabled. I guess its two different kinds of software.

Message 12 of 33 (3,902 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Also, this seems to work for Battlefront Dolby Atmos as well, I just played a round with Full Atmos detection from my Onkyo amp and all sound from all speakers 5.1.2. EA should be giving me quite a bit of reward for figuring out their shortcoming and its brutal that we are left to fend for ourselves in this day/age of tech, and the original supplier has ZERO CLUE how to fix anything that they produce. Guess its a sign of the times now...and what we are to expect from future products as well. 

So again, it seems that the HDMI must be plugged into the amp directly but NOT into the main display. Apparently the software can't detect this properly or whatnot. Perhaps its winblows. I dont really know, I just know what I had to do to get this to work, including a new 34" moniter :P 

Message 13 of 33 (3,864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Do you have a geforce card?

If you read the driver issues in their notes, I think that their lies where your problem is, not with Dice or BF1.

At least in their 376.33 driver, it states something about the HDMI Display port 2.1 etc setup limitation.
I don't believe you can HDMI to monitor, or even use two HDMI to two septerate devices.

I have a similar setup though I only have 5.1, I would like to move to 5.1.2 soon. Is it nice?

DVI to Monitor

HDMI to Reciever.

currently.

I also use a USB speaker for Voice, it is nice to seperate chatter from the game audio.

Switching back and forth from SLI is annoying too, as it... sometimes it will change your speaker output, reset you to 2.1, and rechange the quality from 192 to whatever is default.

Message 14 of 33 (3,816 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Odd, I have no trouble engaging Atmos on my PC version of BF1.  I have a Denon 4300 w/ 7.2.4 setup.  I can't however get PLex to pass any Atmos data/flags to my AVR whether using my PS4 or a PC as a remote app device Frown

Message 15 of 33 (3,767 Views)

★★★ Newbie

something worth noting... current vid specs allow for communication between source and sink while the display is powered off.  there is enough power to in the source to power on an eprom in the display, this allows the source to parse EDID info from the display even when it's off.  that would explain why your setup fails with secondary monitors powered off.  hope that helps.

Message 16 of 33 (3,765 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Clovis559 wrote:

Do you have a geforce card?

If you read the driver issues in their notes, I think that their lies where your problem is, not with Dice or BF1.

At least in their 376.33 driver, it states something about the HDMI Display port 2.1 etc setup limitation.
I don't believe you can HDMI to monitor, or even use two HDMI to two septerate devices.

I have a similar setup though I only have 5.1, I would like to move to 5.1.2 soon. Is it nice?

I honestly find it 'game changing' and hope that object based surround is in every Triple A title from now on. If they have the visuals they should damed well have the audio as well IMHO. Standard smile 

DVI to Monitor

HDMI to Reciever.

currently.

I also use a USB speaker for Voice, it is nice to seperate chatter from the game audio.

Switching back and forth from SLI is annoying too, as it... sometimes it will change your speaker output, reset you to 2.1, and rechange the quality from 192 to whatever is default.

yeah I have eyefinity, but Ive currently abandoned it due to I dont want anymore headaches, as the HDMI issue for me was a lot. You'd think EA would have something like that figured out off the bat. Having the HDMI/DP both plugged in, will NOT allow Atmos to work, and it will default to PCM output, I wonder if this will change after they start officially supporting Dolby Atmos in the next major Winblows update?

Message 17 of 33 (3,748 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So again, EA help continues to be completely clueless and useless. I have now discovered that the BASE acceptable bitrate for an Atmos signal on a PC is 24/96khz, anything less and you get a PCM signal, still 5.1 sound, just not true Atmos. Again, Thx to EA help for being completely clueless.
I've also now upgraded to a Marantz SR7010 so DTS:X and Auro3D are now possible for me, but if you have it set for Dolby Atmos and you have the proper settings and hardware in place, it locks your receiver to Atmos. You can only run emulated DTS:X and Auro3D with a PCM signal that doesn't seem to come with 'heights'.
I'll continue to research possibilities, as EA help hasn't helped once for us Atmos users...
I do have a pic of me playing bf1 in Auro3D, but you'll have to find it on the Twitter page, I posted it there and the pic is too big for this useless page Tongue out
Message 18 of 33 (3,678 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dolby Atmos worked before Creators Update and newer NVidia drivers but now it is greyed out - anyone knows what changed?

Message 19 of 33 (3,489 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Now you just set windows to Atmos, turn on your reciever and voila, Dolby Atmos.
Although I've already evolved to Auro3D...which is FAR superior in EVERYWAY and far more detailed.
Message 20 of 33 (3,486 Views)