Control settings screen isn't aligned

by Moutro

Original Post

Control settings screen isn't aligned

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Control settings screen isn't aligned. Values are shown off the screen.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open controls settings
What happens when the bug occurs? Values are off the screen.
What do you expect to see? All settings and values to be shown inside the screen and not outside.

Control settings screen isn't aligned. Mouse sensitivity values are shown off the screen.

Message 1 of 13 (1,220 Views)

Re: Control settings screen isn't aligned

Community Manager

@Moutro Thanks for the post. Can you try restoring defaults and see if that helps. 

If not, you can go to My Documents\\Respawn\Titanfall2\local and try deleting the settings.cfg file, then check again after restarting the game. You might want to make a backup of this file on your desktop, but usually the game should detect the missing file and replace it with one from a default template. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 13 (1,157 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The first thing i tried was restoring the settings. It didn't do anything. And i've also deleted the configuration file some time ago to fix a keybinding bug but it didn't affect the alignment.

Anything else that i could try?

Message 3 of 13 (1,150 Views)

Community Manager

Do all your other screens display correctly? You can try toggling to Windowed Mode and back using Alt & Enter, but I suspect this won't have any effect. 

I suspect there won't be a workaround though. There's a new patch coming early next week, hopefully this will be addressed.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 13 (1,148 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The issue occurs only when i enter controls settings. And i also tried windowed and fullscreen mode.

Message 5 of 13 (1,146 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure though if i tried without the -noborder command. I'll give that a shot and reply back.

Message 6 of 13 (1,145 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, so i messed around with all resolutions and ratios and seems that the issue only occurs on 16:10 ratio. On both fullscreen and windowed mode. 16:9 is totaly fine.

Message 7 of 13 (1,140 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for the updates. At a guess it's using the 16:9 UI setup for the controls page while in 16:10.

At least now you should be able to tweak the controls to how you like it then swap back to your preferred screen ration. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 13 (1,123 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

After checking lots of resolution and ratios, i noticed that other menu screens were aligned to the left as well, at least not off the screen like the one i posted. I'm re-installing the game now though. Hopefully it'll be working correctly.

Message 9 of 13 (1,120 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Issue remains after reinstalling. Checked on a TV as well. And it always happens on 16:10 ratio.

Message 10 of 13 (1,097 Views)