Re: Connected Franchise Scheme Change Not Reflected on Depth Chart

by Gergiss

Original Post

Connected Franchise Scheme Change Not Reflected on Depth Chart

★★ Novice

Product: Madden 17
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug: When in franchise mode, I usually choose "Owner". When I go in to "Scheme" to change my coach's defensive scheme and defensive playbook from a 3-4 to a 4-3, it allows me to make said changes. However, once the changes are made, the depth chart view remains as a 3-4.
How often does the bug occur?: Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Go to franchise mode, pick a team that is originally a 3-4 team. Go to scheme and switch playbook and defensive scheme to an "attacking 4-3". Go back to "Depth Chart View" and see that the players are still showing in a 3-4. This affects playcalling, depth, and subs in the game
What happens when the bug occurs?: Depth chart screen shows a 3-4 defense, even after switching to 4-3.
What do you expect to see?: I expect to see a 4-3 defensive depth chart.
If your game crashed, about how many minutes were you playing before it crashed?: n/a
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?: bigmikens117
Date/time issue occurred: 9/9/2016 1:00am ET
Did this issue happen in Connected Franchise Mode?: Yes
If yes, how many users are in your league?: 32
If yes, how many players are in your league?: 0
If yes, how many coaches are in your league?: 21
If yes, how many owners are in your league?: 11

First image is of depth chart before changing to 4-3 from 3-4. Second image is showing schemes page, defense changed to 4-3, and up top next to Bruce Arians, it still says 3-4. Backing out of that allows it to load, and upon re-entry to this screen looks like the third image with 4-3 showing next to Bruce Arians on the Scheme page. However, going back to the deptch chart, it still looks exactly the same as the first image, where the players appear in a 3-4. 

Message 1 of 9 (5,697 Views)

Message 2 of 9 (5,671 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the links are of no help. i still have the same question

Message 3 of 9 (5,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue and it's soooooo annoying.  I've changed schemes, playbooks etc. but in the depth chart view it show a 3-4 view/lineup still instead of the 4-3 scheme I changed everything to.  Confused

Message 4 of 9 (5,485 Views)

★★ Novice

Yea, don't bother wasting your time. EA & Madden do not care enough to fix this issue. It has been an issue for the last few versions of the game, as you can see in the links that we've been provided. Very annoying and disappointing for something as simple as a software patch. This is the straw that broke the camels back - I will not be buying another copy of Madden. 

Message 5 of 9 (5,465 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

Hey Barry - is there any fix in the works for this problem. I appreciate you showing me that this isn't the first time it happens, but that only serves to frustrate me further because it indicates that EA knows about this issue and for some reason refuses to fix it. Why is this the case?

Message 6 of 9 (5,463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Barry

Is this issue going to be fixed, or do you plan on just ignoring the fact that the bug was reported and is a constant problem? What the hell?

Message 7 of 9 (5,211 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Wait, it's been an issue since 25?  As in 25, 15, 16, and now 17.  And no one has taken the time to fix it?  How many lines of code would it take?  One?  Two?  What are we paying for?

Message 8 of 9 (3,919 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The fact that they haven't fixed such a simple thing for 4 versions of the game single-handedly makes me not want to buy the new game. This level of laziness should not be rewarded.

Message 9 of 9 (3,377 Views)