Class Edits Resetting

by dimadozen9

Original Post

Class Edits Resetting

★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug After nearly every new game or start-up of BF1 itself, my classes reset to how I had them set up about a month ago. To explain this better, say you had chosen the mortar a month ago, but now you change it to the crossbow. All fine, you play your game with the crossbow, but then tomorrow when you decide to play some more Battlefield, it switches back to the mortar. This issue also applies to individual weapon edits such as magnification or camo. I change my classes quite frequently so I have to edit them entirely every time I start BF1.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, as I haven't heard about this occuring with any other players, but just make edits to a class, play a game, turn it off, start up BF1 again, and it will reset to its original edits.
What happens when the bug occurs? It resets all edits and changes I've made to my classes to the previous class set up every time i restart Battlefield.
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number N/A
Enter RAM memory size in GB I do not know, but I have an XBox 1 with a terabite of storage.

There isn't really any pictures to better describe it. Its just whatever class edits. I make just reset to the class setup I had about a month ago.
Message 1 of 12 (657 Views)

Re: Class Edits Resetting

Hi @dimadozen9

I have same problem when I edit in game menu or console (PS4) menu, and know one more case

I solved editing on companion app when console is turn off

Message 2 of 12 (638 Views)

★★ Novice
Yeah I've tried that and it works once I load the game up, but the next time I play Battlefield it resets again.
Message 3 of 12 (627 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same Problem on PS4. I doesn't matter where you change the setting. App, ingame, soldier-setup in the lobby.
IMHO there's a problem with remote storing the settings on servers where our profiles are stored or there is any freaky reset from session to session.
In my case its a setting I used at the time when the last DLC left the pre-access phase.

Message 4 of 12 (615 Views)

★ Novice
This also happens on my PS4, resets class load-out name's and weapons. Very annoying..

Message 5 of 12 (605 Views)

Hi @dimadozen9@RvanB94, and @charlie_eins_08

I only can edit on Companion when console turn off, all changes edited while console is on allways reset

The only thing don´t reset is specializations and tank/plane pilot weapon

Message 6 of 12 (601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Hey @ZeroCool_Doc
Nothing works, companion can't edit loadout names, and they keep resetting, and it also resets companion setting, console on or off
Message 7 of 12 (599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
You are absolutely right! There is no difference between changing the loadout with console on or off. Sometimes there is a reset from one round top another without changing mode or server.
Message 8 of 12 (588 Views)

★★ Novice
This has been driving me nuts lately, i found it to be linked to the companion APP, the website and the games class customisation. They dont sync up properly & when one goes they all seem to go, im stuck to just one class setup each now and logged in on all 3 at same time and made sure to make them identical. This so far has fixed the issue until EA/DICE fix it properly.
Message 9 of 12 (570 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've had this exact issue on PC. You should try changing to the 2nd loadout for each class and using that from now on. That seems to have worked for me, hope it helps.

Message 10 of 12 (566 Views)