Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot melee on the final mission.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Can't melee on final mission
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, I can't melee at all in the final mission as a titan on campaign in hard mode
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to melee at all, so i cannot finish off the final boss titan which requires a melee attack to kill
What do you expect to see? The issue resolved

I played through the entire campaign on hard to get the achievement or whatever, only to get to the final mission to kill sloan to find that my melee no longer works. I have triple checked my key bindings, which i never changed from the default of F. I tried assigning melee a secondary key which does not work either. I am still able to melee perfectly fine in mulitplayer matches with no edits to keybinds, always F. I cannot complete the mission since i have to melee sloan to win the fight which i am unable to do. I have tried rebooting but it does not resolve the issue.

Message 1 of 4 (3,694 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot melee on the final mission.

Community Manager

@streaksrm I've seen videos where she can be finished off with gunfire, and I don't recall needing to melee her myself. Nevertheless this doesn't really address the issue. 

Generally if the game is "weird" and the issue persists, the saved gamestate has gotten a little odd. The usual way around this is to load into the game from the Mission Select option at the start page. 

This should give a "clean" version of the level, and you should hopefully not have any further issues. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (4,321 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@streaksrm I've seen videos where she can be finished off with gunfire, and I don't recall needing to melee her myself. Nevertheless this doesn't really address the issue. 

Generally if the game is "weird" and the issue persists, the saved gamestate has gotten a little odd. The usual way around this is to load into the game from the Mission Select option at the start page. 

This should give a "clean" version of the level, and you should hopefully not have any further issues. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 4 (4,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game state becoming inconsistent is a bug - having to work around a bug with every possibility of it happening again isn't a solution.

EA needs to actually fix the issue.

Message 3 of 4 (3,561 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@The_Evil_Muppet wrote:

The game state becoming inconsistent is a bug - having to work around a bug with every possibility of it happening again isn't a solution.

EA needs to actually fix the issue.

Defiantly.

Message 4 of 4 (3,308 Views)