[ARCHIVED] Sims Resetting

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Sims Resetting

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

"The first occurred while the Welcome Wagon was in the apartment.  I told the sim to take a piece of fruitcake and all sims in the apartment reset.  I then had her "call to meal" for the fruitcake and that seemed to work okay."

I've seen something similar to this in video form from The Sim Supply's City Living playthrough.

Linking the video with the time set to start just before the reset:

https://youtu.be/zKNapfBcXlU?t=8m57s

Had these resets myself with similar room setups (Table w/ chairs and a nearby sofa). LastException.txt mentions Carry_posture animations. Will attach it to this post.

The exception might be unrelated as two sims were sitting at the table eating and another on the sofa, all three were engaged in conversation at time of reset.

Message 21 of 119 (2,335 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Also happened during the Welcome Wagon. At the 17 Culpepper House apartment. I clicked on the plate to call everyone to eat. 

Message 22 of 119 (2,312 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's happening to me alot during parties where a lot of sims are taking food at once and trying to find a place to sit. Or at bars on social occasions, again it seems to be when a lot of sims are wanting to sit and there's not enough chairs for everyone to do so.

Message 23 of 119 (2,306 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Given that our lastExceptions files have common contents and that food seems to be involved in all three. I would wager that something is going wonky between the point a sim picks up a plate of food and then tries to route to a seat.

In my case, it's possible that my sim decided to get up with the plate and sit on the sofa to converse with the sim there, causing all three to reset.

At least that's my theory, it could be the quality of ceramics/food for all I know.

Message 24 of 119 (2,299 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@dolldrms1 wrote:

I started a new, vanilla game this morning to play City Living.  Because I had some strangeness in playing an existing save last night when I installed CL, I deleted cache, slot 1 saves and repaired the game before starting the new save.

Attached is lastException file generated from play.  It looks like two instances and I had two instances of sims resetting in that play session.  The first occurred while the Welcome Wagon was in the apartment.  I told the sim to take a piece of fruitcake and all sims in the apartment reset.  I then had her "call to meal" for the fruitcake and that seemed to work okay.  Darn, I forgot to note the exact apartment but it's the available 2 bedroom in the Culpepper apartment building located in the Spice District.

That afternoon she attended the Humor and Hijinks Festival with a group of friends.  When I told them to join the jokesters together, they all reset after filling their glasses, with glasses dropped to the ground.

This is literally exactly what happened to me. Vanilla game. New save. Same apartment. Same fruitcake. Hmmmm....

And I also noticed the issue recurring later when I had sims eating/drinking at the same time in other locations (such as the aforementioned Humor and Hijinks festival). Adding a "me too." This is a very frustrating bug.

I can post exception files later when I get home if that would be helpful.

Message 25 of 119 (2,291 Views)

★★★ Novice
1. What was your Sim doing when he reset ?
Sleeping, painting a mural in their apartment, eating, using the toilet, updating social media for career, participating in the curry challenge, and a lot of other instances I can't recall - I guess it would be easier to say what they weren't doing.

2. Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were day doing ?
Surrounding sims reset most of the time. They, too, were doing various things.

On which lot did the issue occur ?
Culpepper Apartment, the unit with the locked TLC trait.

Other observations: The resetting seemed to mostly occur at night, between 8pm and 6am. Then had occasional resetting throughout the day.
Message 26 of 119 (2,272 Views)

Hero

Thanks for all your reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 119 (2,266 Views)

T-Pose and Friends with Key to Apartment

★ Novice

The sims go to t-pose when calling to meal/ grabbing something someone else made/ or eating at restaurants.  At restaurants the other tables get their food, but when my sims should be next, they just cancel the wait for food option and stand up.  I have repaired the game numerous times since CL got released.
Also, when sims with my apartment key come over, that little events timeline pops up, and says "(your sim) is not participating in this event."   The other sims do nothing but mill around. This is when they come over to "get ready for a night on the town" or have game night or something.  

Message 28 of 119 (2,245 Views)

★ Novice

My sims have reset on their home lot (apartment) when calling to meal, when a sim comes to grab something another sim made, and when neighbors come over to grab food.  They all drop their food  on the floor and t-pose.  This has happened on most lots that I've played. 

My sims can no longer eat at restaurants, the wait for food option just goes away, not sure if this is a reset or not- there is no t-pose when this happens.  I have repaired the game and have no mods.  This will happen at any restaurant in any world on any lot.  

Message 29 of 119 (2,246 Views)

Hero

@sarawrites

merged your post

Could you please attach your lastexception file.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 119 (2,243 Views)