[ARCHIVED] Sims Resetting

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Sims Resetting

★★ Novice
  1. What was your Sim doing when he reset ? My sim try to examine the patient (for eg to measure the temperature)
  2. Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were day doing ? Every doctor-sim after each action associated with a patient examination
  3. On which lot did the issue occur ? Hospital
Message 11 of 119 (2,761 Views)

Hero

Hi @Elentrie

this should be fixed in today's patch. Please patch your game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 119 (2,752 Views)

★ Pro
I had sims reset this morning by what appears to be a homework situation but the homework was only 50% completed, not as the old bug when homework was finished.

1. What was your Sim doing when he reset ? - His homework, child

2. Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were they doing ? - His sister reset also.  She had just sat down at dining room table to finish the breakfast the child sim had not.  The child was kneeling on the floor by the table.  The mother had been helping the child with homework but her back was to me and I wasn't positive she reset because it happened so quickly.  I was sure of the sister because she went from sitting to standing.

3. On which lot did the issue occur ? - Hallow Slough in WC

I did get a last exception file that I am attaching. 
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 13 of 119 (2,726 Views)

★ Guide

A. Goth Lot Reset - no cheats, no mods

1. Routine cleanups, usually cleaning up dirty dishes

2. This was usually Mortimer Goth who reset, not any other Sims

3. The Goth household

B. Burb Lot Reset (vacant house across the street from the Goths, the one worth about 40,000 Simoleons) - freerealestate cheat was used to move household in only, then turned off afterward

1. Playing chess at the chess table that came with the house

2. It seems to affect all the Sims in the household, usually Brad and John playing chess and Tiffany, who is watching Romance shows on TV or cooking

3. The 40,000 house across from the Goths

no CC, no mods, deluxe base, Get to Work, Get Together, Windows 10 OS

Message 14 of 119 (2,704 Views)

★ Guide

I should add that the Burbs were custom Sims I created in CAS based on the Sims Wiki stats from TS1, TS2 and TS3 (I have TS2 and TS3). Sorry for the confusion.

Message 15 of 119 (2,698 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @sleekoduck87,

I've forwarded your information to the team. Thanks for helping with the investigation. Standard smile

Message 16 of 119 (2,687 Views)

★ Pro
1. What was your Sim doing when he reset ? - Having a drink and talking to a wedding guest

2. Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were day doing ? - He and the guest he was talking to both reset.  They were the only sims in my line of vision.

3.On which lot did the issue occur ? - Magnolia Blossoms Park in Willow Creek

I did get a last exception file which I am attaching.  Vanilla game.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 17 of 119 (2,666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
  1. What was your Sim doing when he reset?  Started with eating meals BUT has progressed to all actions. Some actions take longer to reset than others
  2. Did only your Sim reset or others in the surrounding too ? If so, what were day doing? Household sims only at this point. They do not reset at the same time but all reset during actions
  3. On which lot did the issue occur? Home lot

This is a recurring issue for me and seems to happen after every update. It starts with sims resetting during eating a meal but after a few minutes of game play they reset during all actions and interactions. Eventually they all die of starvation or embarrassment as they wont finishing eating or won't go to the bathroom. VERY frustrating when you're on generation 9 of a legacy challenge!

I have attached a series of screenshots of what my sims do when eating. They start to eat, then stand up. They pick up their plate and sit back down. They continue this until they reset but no food is ever eaten. Same pattern happens for all actions and interactions.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention that I have tried removing all CC but it didn't help.

Message 18 of 119 (2,637 Views)

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user name

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 119 (2,627 Views)

★ Pro

I started a new, vanilla game this morning to play City Living.  Because I had some strangeness in playing an existing save last night when I installed CL, I deleted cache, slot 1 saves and repaired the game before starting the new save.

Attached is lastException file generated from play.  It looks like two instances and I had two instances of sims resetting in that play session.  The first occurred while the Welcome Wagon was in the apartment.  I told the sim to take a piece of fruitcake and all sims in the apartment reset.  I then had her "call to meal" for the fruitcake and that seemed to work okay.  Darn, I forgot to note the exact apartment but it's the available 2 bedroom in the Culpepper apartment building located in the Spice District.

That afternoon she attended the Humor and Hijinks Festival with a group of friends.  When I told them to join the jokesters together, they all reset after filling their glasses, with glasses dropped to the ground.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 20 of 119 (2,537 Views)