by BryonyRae

Original Post

Re: The indoor lighting doesnt look how it should

★★★★★ Novice

I'm glad to know i'm not the only one though it's unfortunate this a problem

Message 51 of 260 (1,730 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The lighting issue goes away and the new lighting works if you turn off laptop mode.However,laptop mode is the only way the sims 4 can run smoothly on a laptop.

Message 52 of 260 (1,707 Views)

★★★★ Novice

But that's not a solution, not to me. I want to play the game with the setting I had. I cannot enjoy the new lighting but I cannot enjoy the former one either and I cannot play without laptop mode, I need a real solution, one that let me play just like before the patch. Updates are supposed to improve things. 

Message 53 of 260 (1,694 Views)

Lighting issue in laptop mode

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I was very happy with my lighting before the patch and though I play in a laptop, I enjoy good graphics and gameplay because it was set up in laptop mode. Now, that's over. After the last patch I cannot enjoy the new lighting, but I cannot enjoy the former one. My setting is set as "Custom". Individual values are set in their highest and the laptop mode is on. Well exact problem is that indoors look as if there were no ceiling in the room, just like that. There's no way to fix it, redrawing the walls or eliminating the windows and doors maje no effect. The only way to get rid of this nightmare is to set all the graphical options in their highest, something my computer can handle. I don't care about not enjoy the new light improvements, but as I cannot enjoy them, at least, I'd like to be able to play like before the patch. Updates are supposed to improve gameplay and fix problems and not to create them. I attach some pictures so you can see the problem. Thank you. 

Message 54 of 260 (1,596 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Your right.I don't know what to do
Message 55 of 260 (1,596 Views)

Hero

I think the best thing to do at this point is post in the feedback forum over at the officials.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 260 (1,590 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

were is that?

Message 57 of 260 (1,581 Views)

Hero

Here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 260 (1,525 Views)

Hero

@TheCelery @VampiresTeeth

I have no merged both your threads into this lighting issue thread so it's all where it should be.

@BryonyRae for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 260 (1,557 Views)

Lighting Glitches with Curtains and Hall Walls since Lasted Update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Issue

There's two new lighting glitches since the last update (Update: 06/02/2016 – PC Version 1.19.28.1010 / Mac Version 1.19.28.121).

One is where if you place a curtain on a window where it snaps on, the lighting changes from indoors to outdoors. This does not happen when you just place a curtain on the wall. I had this occur in all my save files, and on all the lots I tried it on. Picture added, showing curtains on windows, and a curtain on just a wall.

*EDIT* I did some more testing on the same lot as in the pictures. It appears the curtain glitch only happens on that same wall. Doesn't matter which window, or which curtain, just that same wall. On the other side of the room (which is one single room, no invisible line between two rooms) the curtains behave like normal, both snapped on and off. Maybe it's orientation related?

The second glitch is for halfwalls. Since the same update the half-wall trim behave in the same way; as though they are outdoors. I tested it inside a room, outside a room, a room where all outside edges were full falls, all possibilities and it never changed. On the picture you see a piece of half-wall between columns. Before the update this particular piece of wood trim had the same colour as the columns, now it's faded and blue which leads me to suspect it's got the same bug as the curtains. Second picture is just a wall in the middle of the room displaying the same behaviour.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

For the curtain glitch just snapping a curtain onto a window caused the lighting for the curtain as though it was outside, i.e. fade, blue-ish lighting.

Placing any half-wall anywhere on a lot caused the same for the trims.

Picture

See attachmens.

Where does the bug occur ?

Any lot, in any save file. I haven't tested in on all lots but at least in Magnolia Promenade and Windenburg where I edited a few lots in two different safe files.

Mods/CC

When this happened I had five mods installed which affected pregnancy; the debug menu; cooking ingredients (pre-Dine Out), some text string changes, and the censoring mosaic on sims, all updated. None of them have anything to do with those two objects, so I didn't expect them to be the cause. When I rmeoved them and reloaded my game it was still the same.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

Everything except for Spooky Stuff.

So that is:  Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Get Together, Get To Work.

Occurring since

Ocurring since latest patch: Update: 06/02/2016 – PC Version 1.19.28.1010 / Mac Version 1.19.28.121. Did not go away after Dine Out Installation.

Operating system

Windows 10 64-BIt OS. Playing the game on Ultra.

Message 60 of 260 (1,552 Views)