Original Post

Re: Graphics Glitch - Curved Sections Lit Too Brightly

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Still an issue as of the 9/24/15 patch

Message 20 of 260 (1,522 Views)

Re: Natural light not traversing through arches

Hero (Retired)

I just wanted to note that in addition to this particular issue, there are a lot of lighting problems that we have discussed here (pgs 27-29) and would like to see addressed by the developers.

Message 21 of 260 (1,554 Views)

Re: Black Shadows on Ceiling of Open Story

★★ Novice

Same, they really need to fix this. 

Here's some screenshots

Message 22 of 260 (1,818 Views)

Re: Black Shadows on Ceiling of Open Story

★★★ Newbie

I'm facing this same bug in my game... The black shadow seems to appear only above staircases. 

Follow a screenshot

Message 23 of 260 (1,779 Views)

Lighting bug for roofs and some outside decor

★★ Novice

http://imgur.com/uLInId7

Note the tudor flowerboxes and timber-holder-thing. Oddly bright for nighttime.

Message 24 of 260 (1,598 Views)

Re: Lighting bug for roofs and some outside decor

Hero (Retired)

This is most likely the result of interior light leaking outside.  We have discussed this issue before in our Build Mode Feedback thread (see pgs 27-29), and I believe the devs are aware of it.  It is definitely something we hope they'll change in the future.

Message 25 of 260 (1,584 Views)

Re: lighting doesn't show color change, when placed outside, in daytime

Hero (Retired)

@tsukuri_8 You can change lighting colors and intensities in any location, inside or out.  However, the game lighting functions differently outside vs. inside a room.  In a room, especially where your main source of light is coming from lights vs. light from outdoors, you will see the effect more clearly (the more windows near your lamp, the dimmer the effect will be though).  Outside, you won't really see it until night time because the "sunlight" is so bright outdoors that it overrides most lighting.  This is how the game has been from the start, as far as I am aware.  That's why many people take their gallery shots of Christmas homes at night.

Message 26 of 260 (1,619 Views)

Re: Lighting glitches and missing side texture of floors

Hero (Retired)

I want to note a couple of things regarding this glitch:

1. You can avoid it on a open landing (must have at least one wall knocked out) if you draw that landing via the room tool.  The game will then put a proper edge on the flooring:

12-15-15_11-54-28 AM.png

2. It is still a problem for overhanging (i.e. closed off) spaces, even though the space has been drawn as a room.  I have found no way to get the game to put a proper edge on the floor in a situation like this:
12-15-15_11-51-56 AM.png
Message 27 of 260 (1,587 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I see what you're saying @tsukuri_8.  Several of Jayocean's builds show colored lighting in apparent daytime, so it must've been possible at one point.  I'm not sure when it might have changed.  As far back as I can remember, it worked in my game as it does today.  Exterior lighting stays dim until 9pm game time rolls around, and then it all pops into existence until 5am, when it promptly pops off again.  It does indeed appear like the game is forcing lights off completely, regardless of whether the sims turn them on or not.  This is very evident at the 5am time, as it is still dark enough that you could see them if they were on (and you just saw them a second ago at 4:59am).  I will likely be able to test whether it was the December patch, as I am planning to roll back to pre-patch soon in order to try to rework some of my builds that got bugged by the patch.  I can also ask people in our Build Mode Thread if they remember when this behavior changed.  I don't object to the game turning lights on/off automatically with time changes, but I think the sims should be able to override that and we should see the effects when they do.  I just created a thread to collect lighting issues, so I think this would be a good one to merge into it.

Message 29 of 260 (1,576 Views)

Hero

@AdonisBatheus I merged your thread into the new lighting mega thread.

@BryonyRae is going to maintain an index on it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 260 (1,565 Views)