[ARCHIVED] Issues with Food

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Toddler Patch: birthday cake

Hero

Yeah, there's a general issue with cakes. Sometimes the add candles interaction is completely missing and wedding cakes also seem to give issues.

I'm going to merge this with the can't add candles thread and make it more general.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 253 (1,383 Views)

Re: Toddler Patch: birthday cake

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I think the bug is that if there is another object on the same table as the cake, you can't add or blow out the candles.

Message 72 of 253 (1,380 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Won't eat first plate of food after cooking

★★ Novice

Having the same issue. Any large serving that is cooked by my sim, they will take a plate and put it in their inventory. If they make an individual plate of food, they will put it on the counter rather than eating it even though they are hungry.

The same with birthday cakes, the sim cooking will instantly take a slice of cake meaning I cannot have a birthday or wedding cake.

This is happening since Toddlers update.

It's spoiling the game to tell you the truth.

Message 73 of 253 (1,453 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Food

★★ Guide

I'm having this issue as well. Sims will put the food into their inventory and not eat it. 

Message 74 of 253 (1,446 Views)

How to fix this cake bug?

★★★ Novice

As you can see in the picture, this is what happens everytime i make any sim bake a cake. The sim takes the cake out of the oven, and then uses the other hand to grab a slice, and then places the whole cake on a counter, but is still holding the slice of cake. Because of this I can't age my sims up with the cake. I already tried removing all CC and reinstalling, didn't help. How do I fix this, it's really annoying to deal with.

Message 75 of 253 (1,454 Views)

Re: How to fix this cake bug?

Hero

Hi @UzukiHayata

I don't think there's currently a workaround

It seems to happen 9/10 times.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 253 (1,442 Views)

Re: How to fix this cake bug?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just for good measure this morning I decided to try another new TS4 folder with no previous data moved over and had a lot of the same similar issues with food. I hope this is a bug that gets fixed soon and not overlooked, as it makes it a lot harder to meet the sims needs in game.

Message 77 of 253 (1,403 Views)

★★ Novice

There is a similar issue with the French translation. Both options for picking up food indicate "Prendre une portion." I've only managed to get around sims trying to stash food in their inventory by remembering the one I need to use is on the right, but it is kind of annoying. 

Message 78 of 253 (1,456 Views)

★ Guide

Same thing happens in my game.  I had to bake 2 or 3 cakes to be able to put the wedding arch on it. I moved the cake from counter to counter to table to frig. finally was able to put the arch on the cake.

Birthday candles are the same. I finally did get them on the cake but I had to bake more than one cake to get them on and again moved the cake all over the place.

My sim also gets the plate stuck to one hand and holds the meal in the other hand when she bakes a pie of any kind. 

Toddlers put their food in their inventory.

Message 79 of 253 (1,354 Views)

Sim automatically puts plate in inventory after cooking

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Whenever my sim cooks a meal, one dish from the meal is automatically placed in my sim's inventory. 

This happens every time - to every sim, with any meal, in every household. Restarting game/computer doesn't help.

This doesn't sound like a problem until you consider trying to bake a birthday cake, but you can't light it to age up a sim because the sim who cooked it already took a piece.

Sidenote: Autonomy is completely switched off.

Message 80 of 253 (1,417 Views)