[ARCHIVED] Issues with Food

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Food

Hero

Hi @73bb3ee9e874670a

I can duplicate the issue while watching TV.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 241 of 253 (699 Views)

★★★ Novice

"When Serving food, Sims take one serving and put it in their inventory instead of eating it --> Fixed in Patch 1.28.25" I'm actually getting this issue now. :/ It's very annoying and it has been going on for months now...

Message 242 of 253 (662 Views)

Hero

Hi @BalzephonPlays

are you actually getting it on the serve interaction ? There's an interaction that makes them put it in the inventory which is legit.

Also are you using mods and have you tried repairing your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 243 of 253 (654 Views)

Cannot manually age Sims

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except: Parenting (getting this soon) Fitness stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? tried baking a cake (any kind) and I don't have the option to add candles.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. There is no option.
What do you expect to see? The option to add candles so my toddler can blow them out and age up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hey, probably has been posted before but I am terrible with forums.

The title says it all, I cannot age up my sim manually because I do not have the option to put candles on any cake my sim makes. I have tried the following:
Moving the cake to every counter and in different spots on the counter
uninstall and reinstall
leave the lot with everyone and come back
repairing the game

I've called EA twice now and all they say is to post on the forums. (Which steams me right up because I am terrible at forums.) I play on PC and I have never installed a mod before.

Thanks in advance.

Message 244 of 253 (570 Views)

Re: Cannot manually age Sims

Champion (Retired)

On occasion a sim may take a slice of cake immediately after baking it (especially if hungry) making it impossible to add candles.

Try baking a new one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 245 of 253 (558 Views)

Hero

Hi @adryyr

merged your post with collection thread that also has this issue reported.

You can try putting the cake in the fridge or the inventory and then take it back out or try go to a restaurant and put the cake on the table there. That makes the option appear if nothing else works

@jpkarlsen

That bug is supposed to be fixed. Do you still have it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 246 of 253 (554 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict

Didn't see that was fixed. Never had the issue my self.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 247 of 253 (538 Views)

Hero

Ah, good to know. Yeah, it was fixed a while ago.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 248 of 253 (529 Views)

★ Novice

Issue

Unable to click and drag anything like dishes or food into sinks or trash cans or sims inventories. 

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Nothing, seems to have happened after update.

Picture

tried to get a picture but cant seem to get mouse in it. the mouse used to turn into a hand, now it does not.

Where does the bug occur ?

Happens in all saved games new or otherwise

Mods/CC

No mods, removed all CC. Still happens

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

Sims 4 Digital Deluxe, some stuff packs, cant recall which ones.

Occurring since

For at least a month now. So since I last played in September

Operating system

Win 10

Message 249 of 253 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Have you tried repairing your game ?

Did your Sims move ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 250 of 253 (482 Views)