[ARCHIVED] Issues with Food

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] Can't put candles on cake in apartments

Hero

I can also not duplicate this one. The options appears just fine for me.

• Have you tried repairing your game ?
  • Did you just try existing games or also a fresh one ?
  • Does it matter what kind of cake ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 253 (11,994 Views)

Re: [FEEDBACK] [CL] Can't put candles on cake in apartments

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same bug happen to me, but so far I have only been able to test it in houses and not apartments. I'm gonna try repairing the game and if that doesn't work make the 50/50 thing with my cc. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has the problem though

Message 11 of 253 (3,312 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After creating a whole new game folder this bug didn`t appear again on birthday and wedding cake. So this should be fine now?!

Message 12 of 253 (3,288 Views)

Hero

Did you start a new save game as well or does it also not occur on your old save anymore ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 253 (3,283 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Users on the Sims forum are indicating this is a more widespread issue than just apartments, oddly manually moving the cake to a different spot, specifically dead center of a counter seems be a somewhat reliable workaround. There is video documentation of this bug in part 56 of The Sim Supply's  "the super sim challenge" series from around 13:06 to 15:45 if you are unable to reproduce it.  

Message 14 of 253 (3,266 Views)

Hero

Does the video show what triggers it in the first place ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 253 (3,249 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Well it shows him baking the cake, dragging the cake to the table, failing to put candles on it, trying to bake another cake, still having the same issue, dragging it to various places and trying again. I mean nothing seems to be cut out. 

Message 16 of 253 (3,241 Views)

Hero

I do believe that it's happening for some people but there could be any number of causes.

I think what would help is an affected save game, maybe (before fixing it) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 253 (3,231 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

My testing team is able to reproduce this issue. Thank you everyone for the reports. Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 253 (3,226 Views)

Re: Can't put candles on cake in apartments

Hero

Thanks Nick

I'll add

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 253 (3,108 Views)