Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Food

by aodoherty

Original Post

Can't Age Sim!

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I know. You have to bake a cake in sims 4 and put birthday candles on it to age up a sim properly. BUT! Every time, with any sim in my household, after they bake the cake before even putting it down they'll take a piece and just hold it, or set it on the ground. Which means I cannot put birthday candles on the already half eaten cake. Ive even thrown a party and the one who is supposed to bake the cake hasn't even shown up. Ive tried throwing three parties and each sim in my house is now level 6 in cooking because of how many times ive tried, I need help asap! Im going to go crazy haha.

Message 191 of 253 (455 Views)

Re: Can't Age Sim!

Hero

Hi @ErasingDawn

it's currently a known issue

Try adding candles as soon as it gets out of the oven.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 192 of 253 (445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the issue of a sim making the cake and automatically taking a serving, thus making it impossible to put candles on it. I've tried repairing the game through origin, and I don't use any mods

Message 193 of 253 (418 Views)

Re: Wedding Cake Bug

★★★ Newbie
Home
Message 194 of 253 (392 Views)

Re: Wedding Cake Bug

Hero

Try putting them on the cake as soon as they come out of the oven

@meowmimicat wrote:
Home

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 195 of 253 (379 Views)

★★ Pro

https://youtu.be/ZBm1lwfSc6A

I was able to age all 5 sims up to young adult with this bug. Just cancel 'cooking' icon as soon as your sim is about to take a cake out of the oven, then the cake will be safe.  I don't use 'no taking a slice into inventory' mod.

Message 196 of 253 (366 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but every time I bake something my Sim will grab a serving and continue to hold the original dish. I can't get my Sim to put down the original dish. The only options are to get another serving or to clean up. I have to reset the Sim to get them to drop the dish. 

Message 197 of 253 (342 Views)

Hero

It's on the first post compiled list Wink

Lizbliz892 schrieb:

I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but every time I bake something my Sim will grab a serving and continue to hold the original dish. I can't get my Sim to put down the original dish. The only options are to get another serving or to clean up. I have to reset the Sim to get them to drop the dish. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 198 of 253 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

• We have addressed an issue that could cause adults to take a serving from a group meal and just place it in their inventory. They should now, if hungry, take a serving, and eat it.

This one is fixed in patch 1.28.25

Taking feedback for the rest

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 199 of 253 (316 Views)

★ Apprentice
My Sims are still putting cakes in the fridge. I use no mods or CC. I have tried on old and new saves, with my level 10 Chef Sim and with a low cooking skill new Sim. I also can no longer save cooked food into my gallery library. I would before save food in a room for catering for my Sims that are bad cooks, and I can't save any food anymore for some reason. Food that is already in my library is still accessible, but I can't save anything new ( I haven't saved any of the City Living foods and can't now ).
Message 200 of 253 (303 Views)