by aodoherty

Original Post

Re: Can't put candles on cake in apartments

★★★ Newbie

Ive TRIED believe me Nothing will work 

@crinrict wrote:

Marking this as solution for visibility. It's still a unsolved bug

I've also been able to reproduce now.

It seems to happen if you have another build mode item on the counter (and only in certain angles for me)

Workaround: Move the cake to it's own counter/table

I've added

Angry

Message 141 of 253 (439 Views)

Re: Can't put candles on cake in apartments

Hero

Seems some people have luck going to a restaurant and use the bring out cake interaction. After that it seem to work

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 142 of 253 (428 Views)

Re: Sims 4 cake glitch

Hero

Hi @meowmimicat

merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 143 of 253 (554 Views)

Re: Wedding Cake Bug

Hero

@Mintiee

where did you bake the cake and put the toppings on ? At home or the venue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 144 of 253 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

https://youtu.be/JgYqhHtQ19k

I took a video about baking a cake. I also have the same problem as you but I found a temporary way how to stop taking a slice and putting in inventory. As you see in the video, my sim doesn't take a slice because I stopped cooking icon with my mouse on the left bottom when he takes out the cake from the oven. He put the whole cake into the fridge straightaway. I'd like to recommend this way for your birthday party until new patch fix comes. Standard smile 

Message 145 of 253 (532 Views)

★★★ Novice

the issue is that Sims will automatically put a slice of cake in their inventory stopping you from putting candles/wedding topper on the cake.

Message 146 of 253 (465 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too. It started out as a "minor" thing that would happen maybe 50%-75% of the time, but lately it's been happening every time a Sim bakes a cake. And then my Sim ages up automatically and is sad for hours because there was "no party".

Message 147 of 253 (479 Views)

★★★ Novice

At home, then used the sims personal inventory for transportation to the lot. 

Message 148 of 253 (455 Views)

Hero

@Mintiee could you try if it works if you bake the cake at the venue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 149 of 253 (449 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I also had the issue where the option to 'take a piece' was grayed out and the message given was that I must wait for the newlyweds to take the first slice.  I tried with both the bride and groom and neither could take the first slice.  I moved the wedding cake to different surfaces and nothing helped.  

The wedding was held in Myshuno Meadows.  I had brought the cake with me, and when it didn't work, I had one of my Sims bake another cake at the venue and it didn't work either.  There were other options available (including 'remove wedding topper').

As an FYI, I opted to hire both a mixologist and a caterer and for the wedding and neither showed up.

I then quit the game without saving and when I reopened I tried having the wedding at their home (large penthouse in Fashion District of San Myshuno) and the option to 'take a piece' was still grayed out for both the bride and groom.  Because I quit without saving, I had to have the cake made again, so the same cake was not used for my second attempt. 

It has been a long time since I've held a wedding, so I'm not sure when this problem started.

I play on Windows 10, 64 bit.

Game was repaired after my first wedding attempt failed.

Game is fully updated and I don't use mods or cc.  I have all packs but the Vampire pack.

FYI, I have a copy of the game where the wedding event is still on, with the only task remaining is to 'take first slice'.

Thanks and regards,

Jennifer

Message 150 of 253 (442 Views)