[ARCHIVED] Several Issues with Caterer

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] [GT] Weird Text Messages

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Frank and Jina is a new household, they dont have jobs, have not been in public and have been under my constant supervision and control in their home except to go jogging, which I follow them also to make sure they arent doing any autonomous introductions. In any case, somehow Frank has managed to meet my sim grandma Penny through osmosis I guess and even though there is no friendly or even romantic status she is calling on the phone for dates. They are both in committed happy relationships and neither party is set up to be serial romantics (although Frank does have the soulmate aspiration and is currently living with her). This is a clean test save/game, ie no mods, no cc. This isnt the first time this has happened but its the first time I was able to have as tight of controls and a picture to go along with it. It wont let me post a picture or I cant figure out how : http://imgur.com/DEdlGLH

Message 31 of 120 (830 Views)

Hero

Added to the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 120 (817 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi @NectereSim

How frequent are the text messages occurring? Do they occur at a certain time of day? Would you be able to provide the save file in question so we can investigate further?

Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Message 33 of 120 (795 Views)

★ Apprentice

As part of the test I rotated away from this family to see how long it would take before they forgot each other and or developed new relationships and what kind. After I chimed in on this message I think I might have played them for another three days before rotating away. I took a peek this morning and found a nice surprise, they still knew each other 100/100 however Frank had picked a new romantic relationship with a previously unknown sim. During this time I also peeked at my sim grandparents and restored their relationship again, flat out deleting extraneous sim relationships (deleted the townie sims involved) and raising their relationship score back to 100/100. File is here if you still want to look: Slot File 1

Message 34 of 120 (788 Views)

★ Guide

I recently encountered this (though the bug might have been in the game for a while):

1. I replaced a gym with a residential lot (doesn't matter in which neighbourhood), the name of the lot also changed, all seemed normal in neighbourhood view

2. one of my Sims took a brisk shower and sent an energetic text to a friend

3. the friend invited my Sim to the gym that used to be on the replaced lot

4. they end up standing in front of the new residential lot

I've seen the same happen if you replace a bar. Disappointed

Also, I don't have any mods in my game, no custom content.

Message 35 of 120 (781 Views)

★★★★ Novice

after patch 1.24 friends will now call my sims at strange hours, like 6am or 3 am and ask to go out or visit them.

Message 36 of 120 (749 Views)

Hero

And what answer do you get ? I was always able to text them and got the message that they are sleeping. I don't think this is new ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 120 (745 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I get  text messages from  sims saying there's a great party at ruins or the  night clubs which is fine , but they  send them at 3am to 5am while my household are sleeping.

Message 38 of 120 (721 Views)

Hero

@sallyuk1965 wrote:

I get  text messages from  sims saying there's a great party at ruins or the  night clubs which is fine , but they  send them at 3am to 5am while my household are sleeping.

Is your Sim living in an apartment or house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 120 (719 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Me too😢

Message 40 of 120 (701 Views)