[ARCHIVED] Aspirations not fulfilling

by crinrict

Original Post

Musical Genius Aspiration Bug

★★★ Novice

In milestone one, its failing to recognize that the Sim has listened to 2 hours of music.

Message 31 of 180 (4,552 Views)

Re: Musical Genius Aspiration Bug

★★ Guide

To complete this objective you must click on the stereo object and command the sim to "Listen To" any genre for two sim hours (two minutes at normal speed). Pay attention to the action queue since the sim will tend to switch activities within the first minute and the 'Listen To' action will be cancelled. I've just tested this and there were no failures even with custom content and script mods active.

Message 32 of 180 (4,544 Views)

Hero

@KareCakes25wrote:

In milestone one, its failing to recognize that the Sim has listened to 2 hours of music.

I didn't have any issue with this one either.

Did you listen to the music during the event ? I'm not sure if it's 2 straight hours but is that what you tried ?

Also merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 180 (4,527 Views)

Hero

First page updated-.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 180 (4,517 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Aspirations not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

As of the February 2016 patch this is still an issue.   I tested this with a new game after deleting my cache files.

Public Enemy - Milestone III: Criminal Mind - Reach Level 4 of the Criminal Career

Sim is at level 9 of the career and level 4 won't trigger to go to the next milestone.  Sim was a premade that my CAS Sim married in Windenburg.  The Sim started at level 9 and I just completed the other milestones without a problem.

Message 35 of 180 (4,594 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Aspiration hang-up - Grilled Cheese aspiration

Having issue with this:

Currently stuck on last stage of requirements.

1) Eat an excellent grilled cheese (that's done; seemed too easy)

2) Eat a grilled cheese in space  (no option to do so; have tried different rockets; still testing more; I've tried fixing the sandwich first, just clicking on rocket as description says; haven't gone to Sixam with the sandwich to try there yet but still planning to try.)

3) Talk about grilled cheese to the Grim Reaper (sim won't die despite being elderly on last day for several sim days - yes, death is checked in options; even checked the death.toggle cheat [which I don't use] just in case something went awry there. Still testing..was trying to get a "natural death", but will try by killing. Oh my, how morbid of me. hah! I had a baby age up naturally to a child (no early clicking age up) while waiting for elderly death. Perhaps lag related? Or, just a stubborn elder. -- leaning to the latter, for it is a Caliente.  ;P )

No mods currently. Yes, I've tried to repair and remove/move. I'll try, try again.

Message 36 of 180 (4,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

As for impeccable, technically it's not excellent but most seem to fulfill on and above. I'll add that

@bookmaster325 Remove as in remove mods ? Maybe @greenxen can say something about those two ? I haven't tried as my playtime has been limiter (Unravel! Yeah)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 180 (4,563 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks @crinrict ! I completed this aspiration earlier today (couldn't wait to play - hah!) doing that exact thing. I had to summon Grim the "old fashioned" way - I whacked off a sim. muhahaha (poor Nina...she was being a pain, anyway. Kept wrecking my kid's dollhouse. heh) My elders have yet to die, but I think they're lifespan is currently set to long, so it's a wait and see. I have yet to see Grim in game elsewhere either since the latest patch/GC aspiration addition, and I do miss running into him occasionally while going around town.

Message 38 of 180 (4,551 Views)

Hero

So you solved all the issues you had ?

@bookmaster325

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 180 (4,541 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having an issue with: Musical Genius - Fine Tuned, 'Play Instrument for 1 Hour while Inspired'.

Have had my sim do that for multiple hours multiple times but it won't check off.

Message 40 of 180 (4,508 Views)