[ARCHIVED] Aspirations not fulfilling

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Aspirations not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please post all aspirations issues that concern a certain aspiration not being fulfilled although conditions are met in here.

I'll be compiling them in this first page.

As a workaround, you can generally try the following

1. Open your cheat console with ctl+shift+c
  2. Type: aspirations.complete_current_milestone
  3. Close your cheat console with ctl+shift+c

Please try to give us much details as possible.

Include the following information

• Affected Aspiration
  • Affected Aspiration Level
  • Affected Aspiration Task

Compiled List

Big Happy Family -

• Milestone I: Readily a Parent, Spend $1,000 on Kids' Stuff --> Buying toys from the toy box decreases the amount the family has spent on toys.
  • Milestone 3, Loving Guardian, Be a parent to a child with three friends --> Fixed in Patch 1.18.64

Soul-mate

• Milestone 3, Love Handler: Didn't fulfill when switching Aspiration

Party Animal

Successful Linage

• Milestone I: Readily a Parent, Spend $1,000 on Kids' Stuff --> Buying toys from the toy box decreases the amount the family has spent on toys.
  • Milestone 4: Have a child complete an aspiration --> Please post here as this is monitored. Provide your save game as asked --> Fixed in Patch 1.30.103

Joker Star

• Milestone 3: Funny Businessman - Write 3 comedy routines: Since the amount of comedy routines you can write is limited, routines written before the level should count.
  • Milestone 4: Joke Star - Perform 3 Comedy Routines: Perform routine in space doesn't count --> Fixed in Patch 1.61.16

Artistic Prodigy

• Milestone 1: "Have an Activity Table" - Doesn't always complete when there is an existent one -> Fixed in Patch 1.61.16
  • Milestone 2: Daydreamer - Play with three toys: Clay doesn't count as toy. --> Fixed in Patch 1.15.55

Chief of Mischief

Body Builder

• Milestone 1: Basic Trainer - Work out for 8 total hours: Neither "do a yoga routine" nor "practice yoga" work.
  • Milestone 2: Exercise Demon - Own 2 pieces of workout equipment: Not fulfilled by owning a yoga mat --> Fixed in Patch 1.61.16
  • Milestone 3: Fit to a TSpend 10 Hours Exercising - Performing the "zero g workout" using the rocket ship does not count

Angling Ace

• Milestone 2: Fish for 10 hours: Sim has negative hours fished
  • Milestone 4: Collect 20 Types of Fish: Only original base game fish count

Bestselling Author

• Milestone 3: Novelest Novelist - Publish 10 Books: Submit book copy to literary digest doesn't count

Renaissance Sim Aspiration

• Different Milestones: Reach Level 3 in x careers - Sims with the "connections" aspiration reward start at level 4 of the career, but the aspiration is not credited until they reach level 5.

Freelance Botanist

• Milestone 4: Freelance Botanist - Evolve 10 excellent plants: Misc Issues.
  • Evolving plants only counts the first one

Nerd Brain

• Milestone 2: Erudite - Craft an object on the Woodworking Table: Items of Okay Quality don't count
  • Milestone 2: Erudite - Craft an object on the Woodworking Table: Objects added with OR don't count.
  • Milestone 3: Rocket Scientist - Launch or Upgrade a Rocket 5 Times: Missions are not credited at launch, but upon completion.
  • Aspiration Failure -- Craft An Object On The Woodworking Table

Painter Extraordinaire

• Milestone I: Ill at Easel - Start 3 Paintings while Inspired: Not fulfilled by Paint by Reference

Public Enemy

• Milestone III: Criminal Mind - Reach Level 4 of the Criminal Career: Not fulfilled if level is reached before the aspiration.
  • Milestone III: Get into 5 fights - Doesn't count if fighting with a/as a vampire

Grilled Cheese

• Milestone III: Muenster Maniac -  cook an excellent quality grilled cheese: Making a grilled cheese sandwich of "impeccable" quality does not satisfy it

Outdoor Enthusiast

•  Milestone II: Forest Scout - Eat 10 Plants: Carrots don't count

Super Parent

• Milestone I: Buy Kids stuff for §1000: Stuff in inventory doesn't count
  • Milestone III: Has a Character Value within range to receive a Trait doesn't' count for caregivers

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 180 (75,358 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Aspirations not fulfilling

Hero

This thread has run it's course. A lot was fixed, some was not, I don't really know

There is a new one here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Aspirations-not-fulfilling/td-p/6381152/jump...

I'm going to lock this one. Please repost in the new thread if there's still anything open from the list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 180 of 180 (70,024 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

<just in case>

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 2 of 180 (75,192 Views)

★★★ Pro

Thanks for creating the thread.  I will start it off:

• Big Happy Family - Loving Guardian - Be a parent to a child with three friends
  • Soulmate - Love Handler - Achieve Soulmate Relationship with Spouse (this achieved with one of my Sims but it did not achieve with the other after I switched the Sim to the soulmate aspiration)
Message 3 of 180 (75,173 Views)

Gold Medal Party does not count towards third tier of Party Animal Aspiration

★ Novice

The sim in question just hosted a birthday party which they got gold in but it did not register as a completion (The goal was to have three silver parties). Have the GTW and GT expansions.

Message 4 of 180 (75,169 Views)

Re: Gold Medal Party does not count towards third tier of Party Animal Aspiratio

Hero

Hi @GoldDogFish

I merged your thread with new shiny aspiration collection thread and added to the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 180 (75,162 Views)

★★★ Pro

I have one that is fulfilling incorrectly.

Party Animal - Welcoming Host - Earn Silver on Three Social Events

You gain a point for going to a dance party social event thrown by an NPC.  The dance party does not have any event rankings.

Message 6 of 180 (75,156 Views)

★★★ Pro
  • Joke Star - funny Businessmen - write 3 comedy routines
  • Artistic Prodigy - Daydreamer - play with three toys

Since the comedy routines are limited the aspiration should have fulfilled after the first three are written.  The sim can only write 8 short comedy routines before the option disappears (Found this out while testing another glitch).  Could be related to this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sim-can-no-longer-Compose-Comedy-Routine/m-p/3506011...

Sim has option to compose short routine:

Compose short routine option.png

After Sim composes 8 routines, the Sim only gets the option to write jokes:

After a certain amount of jokes the option is gone.png

Here are the pictures for the artistic prodigy aspiration:

Status before playing with clay:

shows current status.png

Sim get inspired from playing with clay so the option is working:

plays with clay and gets inspired.png

Sim is done playing with the clay and didn't get any points:

done playing with clay aspiration didn't imrpove.png

Message 7 of 180 (75,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Not sure if clay counts as toy.

I have no issues with this for the toys. You need to use three different ones though,

About the routines: Has none of the ones you've written fulfilled the aspiration or is it a hit/miss thing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 180 (75,134 Views)

★★★ Pro

Clay

The clay is found under the toys section in the build mode.  It should count because it is considered a toy and it is not working with the aspiration.  The other toys do work but that one won't fulfill the step in the aspiration.

Comedy Routines

I can't compose any additional routines.  So the ones I composed previously should have counted towards the aspiration.  I reached that level after I composed all the routines.  The only option is to level up the Sim to get additional ones but if I had composed all the routines before I leveled up the Sim then I would have the same problem as described in the thread I linked.

Message 9 of 180 (75,126 Views)

Hero

Ah, ok. Misunderstanding on my part.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 180 (75,122 Views)