Original Post

Bugged Mining Zone on Kadara

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Can't finish the mining zone on Kadara
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the zone, try and finish it
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

Can't finish a Mining zone (Good) because there are no minerals left even if it says Good. And also the mining zone to the south is too close, somtimes they overlay and bug out, even tho I'm nowhere near the zone it says Depleted.

Message 1 of 43 (20,825 Views)

Re: Bugged Mining Zone on Kadara

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I tried for an hour trying to figure out those two mining zones. They bug out very badly. For one, the zones are horribly inconsistent, showing me "out of range" when standing right under a mining laser. 

At some point I just gave up on them. In fact I am amazed you could even deplete the southern one. I can get it to fair or good but then the buggy interaction with the other zone screws me over.

Most of the mining zones bug out on me in some way. I have often gotten depleted blue zones turn white unless I reload an older save. This is probably low on their priority list but I hope they could fix it. Maybe move one of the zones further away from the other.

As a fix, have you tried flying off planet and then landing again? That seems to reload everything and may fix any weirdness.

Message 2 of 43 (20,751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
Having this issue too on PS4, and as a major completionist who tries to do all of these, it's driving me absolutely nuts. Bugs out horribly becsuse the zones are way too close, so I cannot finish either zone. Also, as a result it seems both zones are EXTREMELY small in circumference. Far smaller than most zones. VERY frustrating.
Message 3 of 43 (20,745 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same trouble. I just got to kadara and it's defiantly bugged. It says I'm out of the zone when I'm on the mining way point, and occasionally it will said 'rich' but then I cannot find anything. So much for my 100% playthrough. I really hope they fix this and any other bugs that stop 100% completion.
Message 4 of 43 (20,697 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's messed up for me as well. I've gotten the northern one to "Fair" and the southern one to "Good," but I can't get further than that. I want to make every icon on every map blue, so this is pretty frustrating. The only other things I haven't been able to turn blue are a couple Remnant sites on Eos and the cave on Voeld. They're just as frustrating.

Message 5 of 43 (20,654 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Which spot in the southern field did you get the last batch of minerals to deplete it?

Message 6 of 43 (20,601 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There are also two zones in Elaaden with the exact same problem. They are just south of New Tuchanka and north of Paradise (see attached image). These two will decrease down to Fair at best and then there are no more resources to be found even though I have gotten creative with climbing to the point where I feel I am playing Goat Effect.

For precaution I have reloaded before them and left them as is in the hopes of a bug. I have had limited success with other areas by leaving the planet surface and coming back. It seems to "refresh" the whole planet

Message 7 of 43 (20,582 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

this is bugging the hell outa me whenever i open the map on kadara......then again its nothing compared to this bug i faced: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/A-V-P-level-and-planet-viability-reset/m-p/5962875/highlight/fa...

Message 8 of 43 (20,547 Views)

★★ Novice

I spend two hours trying to clear those mining areas on Elaaden. I think it has to be a bug.

Message 9 of 43 (20,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am also having these bugs both on Elaaden and also on Kadara. I have reloaded the game, restarted my xbox, left the planet and no bueno for me Frown
Message 10 of 43 (20,086 Views)