Black Screen, HUD persists

by King_HarveyP

Original Post

Black Screen, HUD persists

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Screen is black but HUD persists. In game as well as in some of the menus.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not precisely known, I was playing attack on Fao Fortress Oil Of Empires OP. When flying an attack plane and shooting an AA battery that was also shooting me, I killed the AA but was killed by another plane virtually at the same time.
What happens when the bug occurs? See provided images
Please select your region Europe
In what game mode did the bug occur? Operations
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB

The bug has stopped once the game has been closed and opened again, I have yet to play another game so I am not aware if it reoccurs.

Message 1 of 5 (499 Views)

Re: Black Screen, HUD persists

Community Manager

@King_HarveyP Thanks for the post. If this happens again, if you swap to windowed (or to fullscreen) does the issue persist?

You may also try updating your graphics card drivers. It's worth doing so with a clean reinstall too.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (480 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this happen on Xbox any ideas?

resetting default video setting seems to help.

Message 3 of 5 (470 Views)

Community Manager

@Ramenom Thanks for the info. Does it happen often, or to other games? Have you been able to try a reinstall since the issue started for you?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 5 (462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Only Battlefield one does it happen. only when i join in progress. I haven't tried re-installing yet. i think it was mainly a graphic setting that was conflicting.

Message 5 of 5 (451 Views)