[BY DESIGN] Male teen has Young Adult voice in-game

by SimChao

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Male teen has Young Adult voice in-game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

In the create-a-sim you'll notice that the teens have different voices from the Young Adults. I chose the "warm" voice for my teen male, but when I put him in the game, his voice changes to the Young Adult version.

Message 1 of 18 (1,394 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Male teen has Young Adult voice in-game

Community Manager (retired)

This is by design. According to a senior audio artist who looked into this, there is only so far we can stretch vocal range before voice starts to break up. The upper ranges are very similar, but the lower ranges are very different.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (1,062 Views)

All Replies

Re: Male teen has Young Adult voice in-game

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (1,373 Views)

Hero

@SimChao Is this still an issue for you  ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (1,267 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue with the warm voice ...

Message 4 of 18 (1,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Are you using any custom content or mods ?

Did you try starting a new game to see if you have the same issue there ?

Are they different in CAS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 18 (1,155 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I don't use any CC. You can check this link. This is the video showing the similar voice between teen and young adult. 

The voice become similar during gameplay only. In CAS, the teenage voice returns, but as soon as you play it, the voice changed to young adult.

Check out the link of the Sim having issues here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p53zKpRmL7U

Message 6 of 18 (1,133 Views)

Hero

Is it just the one Sim where you have the issue ?

Is it a Sim you downloaded or created yourself ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (1,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Would you mind testing the voice in CAS then posting another recording?

I'm assuming that you're referring to the character on the left? The character on the left clearly has a teen voice despite the depth. All voices from teen to elder are the save voice with variation only in pitch and that character sounds like a teen with an extremely low pitch. If you listen closely you'll notice that teen voices reverberate and they sound somewhat 'mechanical.' This doesn't occur with adult voices.

Message 8 of 18 (1,119 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just created a new game, set 2 male sims of the same voice register: lowest warm voice, one young adult and one teenager. They have different voice in CAS, but in gameplay, the voice of the teenager changed into adult.

Then I tested with another new game, set 2 male sims of the same voice register, but this time I'm using the trumpet voice: lowest trumpet voice, one young adult and one teenager. The problem DOES NOT occur with the trumpet voice. It seems that the problem only occur with the warm (fire) voice. 

Has anyone tested this for me please, check it yourself? Does the same issue occur with teenager?

Message 9 of 18 (1,099 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No it's not a teenage voice. 

Could you test it yourself. The problem only occur with the warm (fire) voice. It doesn't appear with the trumpet voice.

Message 10 of 18 (1,098 Views)