0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung error- after a few multiplayer matches

by Crimson_king070

Original Post

0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung error- after a few multiplayer matches

★ Novice

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug when i play mulitplayer after a few matches the game freezes and a 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung error pops up. it happens almost every time i play in the monarch titan
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play multiplayer
What happens when the bug occurs? game freezes but music and current sound play in loop
What do you expect to see? i want to play the game without it constantly freezing and crashing

the multiplayer keeps crashing after a few matches, it happens randomly, doesn't matter what i'm doing, if im dead or alive, shooting, throwing grenades, spectating while dead, it just randomly freezes and i get a 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung error. it almost always freezes at some point while i'm playing the monarch making the titan impossible to play.

i've reinstalled my gpu drivers and my audio drivers. the dx12 says its up to date. i've deleted any video recording software like raptr and play.tv. I've reset the game settings to recommended, have played the game on full setting all enabled, and minimal settings all things disabled. i've played in full screen and windowed mode. i've disabled origin. i also reinstalled the game. NOTHING HAS ANY EFFECT.

after the game crashes when i start the game up again the graphics are fuzzy and laggy and the fps wont go above 30 fps. to fix that i go to recommended settings click the but and reapply, even if they are already on those settings, it somehow fixes the fuzzy graphics and fps drop, but the game will still crash after a few matches.

Message 1 of 4 (1,677 Views)

Re: 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_Device_Hung error- after a few multiplayer matches

Community Manager
Message 2 of 4 (1,659 Views)

★ Novice

setting the game settings to max, then reseting them does nothing. the game still crashed, this time at the end of a Coliseum match.  while im sitting in multiplayer lobby the game occasional freezes but doesn't crash, after a few seconds the lobby starts working again, im assuming its doing the same thing in matches but crashing the game instead of a short freeze. it seems to be in correlation with the game saying net choked game hitched, out of snap shots messages pop ups.

Message 3 of 4 (1,651 Views)

Community Manager

@Crimson_king070

I know you have said you have reinstalled your video drivers but if the above steps do not help than using the following utility to fully remove any previous driver components before installing the drivers is advised.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Let us know your results here, thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 4 (1,644 Views)