TROJAN VIRUS FOUND IN BEJEWELED 2 BY AVG ANTIVIRUS

by AvatarKnight171

Original Post

TROJAN VIRUS FOUND IN BEJEWELED 2 BY AVG ANTIVIRUS

★★★ Newbie

TROJAN VIRUS FOUND IN BEJEWELED 2 BY AVG ANTIVIRUS; IS THERE A SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE?

Message 1 of 3 (1,370 Views)

Re: TROJAN VIRUS FOUND IN BEJEWELED 2 BY AVG ANTIVIRUS

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @AvatarKnight171,

Most likely it is a false flag. 

As anti-virus software works to protect your computer from unidentified and potentially unwanted applications, it's sometimes necessary to "teach" your anti-virus program that a new game installed on your system is safe, and should be allowed to communicate across your network. 

If you suspect that your anti-virus may be preventing the installation or update of a game, the best thing you can do is to open up your anti-virus program and check that the program file for the game (program files have the extension ".exe") hasn't been identified as a potential threat. You can also add the program file for the game to your anti-virus program's exceptions or whitelist so it's identified as being safe. 

If you're not sure how to check if a file has been quarantined, or how to add a program to a whitelist, please consult the manual for your anti-virus software or check the manufacturer's website for instructions. 

As there are a large number of anti-virus programs on the market, each with different interfaces and whitelisting methods, our EA Advisors are unable to assist with the configuration of a specific anti-virus program. 
Message 2 of 3 (1,354 Views)

Bejeweled 3 virus Heur.ADVMLB

★★ Guide

Turned on my computer to find this warning from Norton. Screenshot attached. 

Why has this happened? Did someone hack my Origin account? 

I have isolated the virus in Quarantine and reported directly to Symantec. 

I'm a computer consultant by trade so I caught it before it did damage.  I'm also trying to see when this has happened. I haven't been on my gaming computer in a few days due to work.

Message 3 of 3 (980 Views)