Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
1994savvas

Battlefield Play4Free launching error

[ Edited ]

Recently I performed a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my laptop. Then I downloaded and installed the game, but since then I can't get the game to start. I always get messages like "Error 1000: ErrConnectionFailed", or "Failed to get the ready event in time". Before formatting and re-installing windows I had never experienced such a problem with the game.

How should I fix the problem?

*Now Origin is also installed on my computer, but it wasn't before formatting. Is there a chance that origin causes the problem?

EA_Bastian
Topics: 111
XP: 1,383
Solutions: 4,103

Re: Battlefield Play4Free launching error

Origin should not be the reason for your issue.Please get sure that you running your applications as administrator and re-install all browser extensions. Update your videocard driver and disable your firewall/antivirus software for a testrun. You can try another browser. Install and update  all Microsoft's .NET and c++ redistributable applications.

Please keep us updated!

Basti

Keeper
1994savvas

Re: Battlefield Play4Free launching error

The game finally work yesterday evening. It must have been something with the firewall as suggested in the game forum. When I runned the game, windows firewall asked permission for the application and when I accepted it there was no problem. But so far no such message had appeared from the firewall...

Thanks for the help! :smileyhappy: