Re: will not launch BFH

by EA_Archi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

will not launch BFH

★★ Novice

Over the last couple of weeks i have been unable to play BFH because of the attached error.

I have reinstalled game and computer but issue persists

A couple of month back i tried out origin access and ever since i canceled the subscription origin has generally been acting up.

I have bought BFH and premium addon way back, so it is not because i dont "own" the game.

I fear it might be Origin that has lost the olives to the martini

Message 1 of 7 (835 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Darthdawgg 

I am really sorry, those troubleshooting steps failed to resolve this for you. Current the best course of actions would be to get in touch with EA Advisors directly, so they can how the things are looking from your account`s perspective. 

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (846 Views)

All Replies

Hello @Darthdawgg 

What was your game`s language originally? And what region are you in? Have you tried to uninstall both Origin client and the game, and install everything again after clearing Origin  cache files? Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 2 of 7 (812 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Archi,

thanks for helping out.

I am very sure i bought the original game in English as my native language is not available and would not buy it if it was. I have been playing this game over 100 hours with all english text, menus and sound. Assume it means it is the english version.

How can I/You verify which language i have installed and bought?

I am in European region and the game is also bought in the European region

I have tried all of the above plus a an OS install from scratch.

I have tried the clearing cache thingy one again now just to be sure but same error

Regards

Thomas

Message 3 of 7 (803 Views)

★★ Novice

FYI

i get this error in the BFH webinterface after the pop up error

"Origin could not start up (-5efdfffe): Origin seems to be running,"

I always launch my games from origin and to do that origin has to be running, så the error message does not make any sense
Message 4 of 7 (800 Views)

Hello @Darthdawgg 

I am really sorry, those troubleshooting steps failed to resolve this for you. Current the best course of actions would be to get in touch with EA Advisors directly, so they can how the things are looking from your account`s perspective. 

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 5 of 7 (847 Views)

★★ Novice

I have rasied a case here and also through origin but no reply from there.

How come there are some ways to report an error. why cant "they" (EA) not just have a one point of contact or at least give the possibility for supporters to escalate the cases.

Anyways i will try to contact the advisors as you recommend

I am happy with your service even though the problem is not solved. you at least responded

Thanks

Thomas

Message 6 of 7 (759 Views)

Keep us informed about this issue @Darthdawgg. You might also just give EA Advisors a direct phone call, using this number here +44203 014 1818, this way, they will be able to fix this for you faster.  

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 7 of 7 (752 Views)