MAJOR bug in Episode 8....game doesn not play

by MerchantKiller88

Original Post

MAJOR bug in Episode 8....game doesn not play

★★ Newbie

I'm playing the single person campaign.

I started Chapter 8 and I was inside the airplane using it's gun to shoot the guys on the airfield.

I died.

The chapter tried to restart, then some weird graphics came on my screen and it just "lagged" with the blue loading bar.

I tried resetting my PS4 and everything (the PS4 works fine for other games).

Can you create a patch to fix this? I cannot play the game as chapter 8 refuses to load.

Message 1 of 54 (44,191 Views)

Re: MAJOR bug in Episode 8....game doesn not play

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for letting us know. Just to be sure, you are not able to enter the game on your console in order to restart the mission from the beginning?

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 54 (44,005 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. Restarted the whole episode and got to the same stage again and it froze.

Plenty others here as well

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bfh/fr/forum/threadview/2955064790679133060/

Message 3 of 54 (43,995 Views)

★★ Novice

Raise this issue via EA twitter and I was redirected here. Is there any update on this ?

Message 4 of 54 (43,961 Views)

Hero (Retired)

That thread seems to suggest that if you don't die at the airport you can continue.  Is this not true for you?

I assume a patch will fix it but for right now that seems to be the work around(?)

Message 5 of 54 (43,958 Views)

★★ Novice

Ye but you have to play through the entire episode each time to get to that point.

Message 6 of 54 (43,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Bastian:

Is there any solution for this bug?

Message 7 of 54 (43,931 Views)

★★ Novice
When you start the part at the airfield hit options then restart checkpoint. It should work after that.
Message 8 of 54 (43,925 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I have been having this problem for the last 3 days, when I die inside the airplane it will not load back up. I just get a black screen with the blue swirl for ever, I have left it for over an hour and nothing. If I turn off the X-Box 1 and then back on it just stays at that point. The only way I can even reload the game is to unplug and replug the console. Then if I try to load from progress it just freezes again. I've restarted the entire episode but it happens every time. This is extremely frustrating and until it's fixed I cannot continue.

Message 9 of 54 (43,920 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue. Unable to play airfield section of episode 8 after you've been killed. The screen just hangs when you want to replay. Get this issue fixed quickly,please.
Message 10 of 54 (43,875 Views)